Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
kobe629

US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kobe629 Registered since 23rd Jul 2008
Fri 25-Jul-08 06:40 AM

Hello everyone I am new here and made the switch from canon to nikon..I don't know if this has been posted yet BUT!!!

D700 IN STOCK NOW JUST GOT OF THE PHONE 5 MIN AGO!!
http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/541532446.htm

anabasis

Pringle, US
1857 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#1. "RE: D700 IN STOCK" | In response to Reply # 0

anabasis Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2003
Fri 25-Jul-08 12:50 PM

Today is delivery day for most of the world. I just wonder how many shelf cameras there will be since the preorder load was pretty high at most major stores and I am sure most, if not all, of the first run is spoken for.

JCA

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977699@N00/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

nl

West Hartford, US
840 posts

#2. "RE: D700 IN STOCK" | In response to Reply # 1

nl Silver Member Charter Member
Fri 25-Jul-08 01:23 PM

Obviously hard to know. Last night, Ritzcamera.com had the D700 listed as in stock (body only). I used their "live chat" feature to speak to whomever staffs that feature, to inquire if it was USA warranty (as this was not explicity stated on the website) and was told yes. I was asked if I wanted to place an order, and offered free overnight shipping, so I figured why not? By the time I had given my credit card and shipping info, however, the guy came back and told me the D700 body had sold out by the time he got the info submitted for the order (!!).

I then went back to the ritz website and the D700 was still listed as in stock, and I was able to order one. Hard to know what happened there. I took the free standard shipping and order through jellyfish's life cashback program and got my 2% back (plus 5% cash back from Amex) so overall not too bad a deal, even if I have to wait until next week to play with it!

My guess is that the preorders at B&H, Adorama, etc were so numerous that they did not expect to have available stock, and Ritz presumably did not have enough pre-orders to cover available stock and so were able to sell off the web site.

nl

4ohtoe

San Diego, US
30 posts

#3. "RE: D700 IN STOCK" | In response to Reply # 2

4ohtoe Registered since 25th Jul 2006
Fri 25-Jul-08 02:27 PM

Ritz shipped mine today. They made a mistake though and shipped it via USPS so I may get it next year.

Mel

marks3781

Kailua-Kona, US
5 posts

#4. "RE: D700 IN STOCK" | In response to Reply # 0

marks3781 Registered since 03rd Apr 2008
Fri 25-Jul-08 08:00 PM

If you are looking to buy a US model Nikon D700 please email me or you can call our shop at 808-326-7355. We have a few left from out first shipment. The price is still $2995 plus shipping. You can ask to speak with Brad. Orders are also being accepted on our website lighthauscamera.com

Mahalo,
Brad
Lighthaus Camera
Kailua-Kona, HI
808-326-7355
lighthauscamera.com
marks3781@gmail.com

marks3781

Kailua-Kona, US
5 posts

#5. "RE: D700 IN STOCK" | In response to Reply # 2

marks3781 Registered since 03rd Apr 2008
Fri 25-Jul-08 08:01 PM

FYI:

If you are looking to buy a US model Nikon D700 please email me or you can call our shop at 808-326-7355. We have a few left from out first shipment. The price is still $2995 plus shipping. You can ask to speak with Brad. Orders are also being accepted on our website lighthauscamera.com

Mahalo,
Brad
Lighthaus Camera
Kailua-Kona, HI
808-326-7355
lighthauscamera.com
marks3781@gmail.com

G