Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 V D3 buffer size.

NASattack

Dartford, UK
177 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NASattack Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Feb 2008
Mon 06-Aug-12 07:00 PM | edited Mon 06-Aug-12 07:00 PM by NASattack

Which camera has the largest buffer size, a D700 OR a D3 (without the D3 buffer upgrade) and both set to the same settings? Seems to me my D700 has a larger buffer but that does not seem right somehow!

Steve.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MEMcD

US
31636 posts

#1. "RE: D700 V D3 buffer size." | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Mon 06-Aug-12 06:05 PM | edited Mon 06-Aug-12 06:05 PM by MEMcD

Hi Steve,

Yes, the D700 has a larger buffer than the D3 (without the buffer upgrade).
I agree that it is surprising. Fortunately the buffer upgrade eliminated the issue but at $500.00 it wasn't a cheap fix. Thankfully the didn't make the same mistake with the D3s.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

NASattack

Dartford, UK
177 posts

#2. "RE: D700 V D3 buffer size." | In response to Reply # 1

NASattack Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Feb 2008
Tue 07-Aug-12 05:48 AM

Thanks Marty,

I did not expect the D700 to have the larger buffer, but when deploying it flat out with the grip at the womens marathon here in London I realised I was able to capture more shots before the camera slowed compared to my D3.So if I can live with 1fps less the D700 seems to be the better machine gun.Hmmmn.

Steve.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G