Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

looking for wired shutter release for my D700

ljgent

Charleston, US
112 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ljgent Registered since 05th Aug 2007
Sat 16-Jun-12 11:36 PM | edited Sun 17-Jun-12 03:25 AM by ljgent

Any suggestions for a wired shutter release for D700

Thanks in advance.

Larry

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

#1. "RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 0

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Sun 17-Jun-12 02:01 AM

I use my old MC-30 10-pin remote on my D700 (and before that, with my F100).

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

ljgent

Charleston, US
112 posts

#2. "RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 1

ljgent Registered since 05th Aug 2007
Sun 17-Jun-12 08:52 AM

thank you Anthony

factotum

US
342 posts

#3. "RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 2

factotum Registered since 17th Jun 2007
Sun 17-Jun-12 02:57 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shutter-Remote-cord-4-NIKON-D300-D200-D700-MC-30-36-/290729636575?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item43b0d632df

Evilbay remote for under 3 bucks. Mine is still going strong after 3 years.

You can get a full-blown intervalometer for $20. I had one until I lost it.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
Miss Piggy

robsb

San Jose, US
14966 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#4. "RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 0

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Mon 18-Jun-12 12:52 AM

For a wired release I use an MC-22 works great

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

KazeyBunch

Fort Worth, US
40 posts

#5. "RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 4

KazeyBunch Registered since 03rd Jan 2012
Sat 07-Jul-12 03:56 AM

GSI Super Quality Remote Shutter for Nikon D700 on Amazon (by JJC). Currently 3 bucks. Works like a charm. If nothing else, it's a good backup. The one for my Pentax lasted several years ('til I yanked the cord out of the socket. Doh!).

http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Functions-MC-30-Photography-Flexibility/dp/B003DW9K9O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341640461&sr=1-1&keywords=GSI+Super+Quality+Remote+Shutter+for+Nikon+D700

www.kazeybunch.com

“You can miss a lot of moments with your head stuck in your LCD.” - Joe McNally

samrat54

Calhoun, US
246 posts

#6. "RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 5

samrat54 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Mar 2003
Sun 08-Jul-12 08:22 PM

Just get a used MC-20 or MC-30. Since they aren't the "latest thing out", their prices are more in line with what they are really worth. The only one that I ever had go bad was one that "caught" my camera as it was falling off a tripod at at wedding. The jerk stained the plug that goes into the camera, but it still took it another two years before it really became inoperable. I'm not sure if some of the aftermarket types would fare as well, but. . .they're cheaper.

Sam

A Georgia Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

mkmull77

Fond du Lac, US
131 posts

#7. "RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 0

mkmull77 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2010
Mon 09-Jul-12 09:45 PM

I use a cheap MC-30 knock off I bought from Amazon if I remember correctly.
I bought 2 at the time for under $25, they look the Remote Shutter Releases Amazon is currently selling made by Digital Concepts.
They have the locking 10-pin connector, 3 foot cord, and you can lock the button down if needed.
I used them with my F5, and D700 and have never had a problem. I've primarily used one while keeping the other as a backup but haven't had need of a backup yet.

Mike

gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

#8. "RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 0

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Tue 10-Jul-12 12:44 PM

I would look at an RF release that can provide both wired and wireless release. D700 Wireless Remotes

George
My Nikonian Galleries

hpbpe

Acworth, US
99 posts

#9. "I use an RPS Studio wired release with my D700 and love it.RE: looking for wired shutter release for my D700" | In response to Reply # 0

hpbpe Registered since 02nd Jan 2009
Wed 11-Jul-12 10:15 PM

Hylos Barrett
"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." John Wooden

G