Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which CF card can I buy nowadays for the D700????

prophotoman

Oakdale, US
253 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
prophotoman Registered since 27th Jun 2009
Mon 22-Oct-12 02:05 AM | edited Mon 22-Oct-12 02:24 AM by prophotoman

Nikon does not update their website on the D700 anymore. Their insturections STILL say to use a TYPE 1 cf card. The last card I bought for it was about three years ago... Lexar UCMA 300x 16 GB card (NOT UDMA 7). Has anyone bought a CF card recently for the D700 (not the S model). I would like to use 32 GB cards of at least 16GB UDMA's. It apears that Nikon has discontinued the D700 (Which I have) and the D700S. With technology changing by the hour, it seems like "planned obsolescence" is back with a vengance. I would hate to have to spend another $3,000+ for an "up to date" camera body, especially since it's technically still a good camera.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

glxman

South Australia, AU
6750 posts

#1. "RE: Which CF card can I buy nowadays for the D700????" | In response to Reply # 0

glxman Moderator Awarded for his high level skills, specially in Wildlife & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008
Mon 22-Oct-12 03:35 AM

Hi there,
My latest purchase of cards was 3 SanDisk Extreme,
60MB/s 16GB, UDMA
Work perfectly,
I needed the space for my BIF shoots, I guess 32GB cards of the same religion would work also,
Never heard of the D700S except Nikon rumours
Regards,
Gary

I used to have a photographic memory but never got it developed

Tinkers Realm

Pacific Wonderland!, US
266 posts

#2. "RE: Which CF card can I buy nowadays for the D700????" | In response to Reply # 1

Tinkers Realm Registered since 24th Feb 2011
Mon 22-Oct-12 05:18 AM

I am using a 32 GB card in mine w/ no issues.
Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

www.TinkersRealm.com

MEMcD

US
31603 posts

#3. "RE: Which CF card can I buy nowadays for the D700????" | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Mon 22-Oct-12 06:47 AM

Hi Joseph,

I have use Sandisk Extreme 32GB 60MB/sec. cards in my D700 and they work perfectly.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

leebaylin

Baltimore, US
848 posts

#4. "RE: Which CF card can I buy nowadays for the D700????" | In response to Reply # 0

leebaylin Silver Member Charter Member
Mon 22-Oct-12 11:22 AM | edited Mon 22-Oct-12 11:23 AM by leebaylin

I just bought 2 16gb Sandisk Extreme 60MB/sec. cards for a newly acquired used D700. Based my decision on information here: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_wb_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-9550
B&H has a two pack for just under $100.
btw, Nikon never mase a D700s.

Lee Baylin

HobokenJoe

Teaneck, US
39 posts

#5. "RE: Which CF card can I buy nowadays for the D700????" | In response to Reply # 0

HobokenJoe Registered since 20th Jun 2012
Mon 22-Oct-12 04:56 PM

Using the Sandisk Extreme 32GB with no problems.

DinoCardelli

Plantation, US
236 posts

#6. "RE: Which CF card can I buy nowadays for the D700????" | In response to Reply # 5

DinoCardelli Registered since 19th Oct 2010
Mon 22-Oct-12 08:21 PM

I like to use smaller CF's 4GB, 8's and 16's...and change out more frequently..

Don't like to put all my eggs in one basket when I'm on the road shooting...

No biggie for me...just pull out and change...

I only use Scandisk Pro Class 10's...works well..haven't had a problem.

But, again, I like to change out more frequently than one large CF...

dc

Visit my professional gallery.

blw

Richmond, US
28703 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#7. "RE: Which CF card can I buy nowadays for the D700????" | In response to Reply # 0

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 29-Oct-12 05:41 PM

I think you'll find that Nikon's policy is substantially at odds with reality. Most of us are by now using much newer - and technically unqualified - cards. In fact, I'd guess that most if not all of the qualified cards are now out of production, and very possibly completely out of the retail channel. This is particularly true of the older D3.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

G