Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anybody own an 18-200DX AND a D700 willing to do some test shots for me?

stratocaster1422

Whitinsville, US
46 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
stratocaster1422 Registered since 21st Oct 2010
Wed 03-Oct-12 01:58 PM

Looking for test shots in low light at different ISO levels using the 18-200DX on a D700.

Anybody out there that can help before I try to rent a body and do the test myself?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: Anybody own an 18-200DX AND a D700 willing to do some test shots for me?" | In response to Reply # 0

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Wed 03-Oct-12 04:56 PM

Hi Michael,

It's an overcast day today. Here's a series taken with only the light from a north facing window in the room.

All photos were taken with the AFS 18-200mm set to 200mm at f5.6. The D700 was on a tripod. All photos were shot in raw at ISO 800, 1600, 3200, 6400 and 12,800. No post processing except for reducing the size in CS3. The first 5 photos are the full DX frame. The last two photos are crops and not down sampled.

Click on image to view larger version

Here's a portion of the ISO 3200 photo at 100%.

And a portion of the ISO 6400 photo at 100%

Len

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)
Attachment#6 (jpg file)
Attachment#7 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.