Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Ashton for the Coolpix and D60, who for the D700?

g1975a

Cambridge, CA
2220 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
g1975a Registered since 18th Sep 2007
Wed 02-Jul-08 12:22 AM

If Nikon picked a 'mascot/spokesperson' for the D700, who would best personify and represent it?

--Trying something and not succeeding is a lot better than waiting to fail: the realization of a chronic procrastinator.--

Nikon Digitutor: A great way to learn your camera   Nikonians Member Survey - Win a Markins Q3 Ball Head

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ScottChapin

Powder Springs/ATL, US
9071 posts

#1. "RE: Ashton for the Coolpix and D60, who for the D700?" | In response to Reply # 0

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter Member
Tue 01-Jul-08 11:59 PM

Dirk Blocker. Since the D3 and D700 are the large sensor cameras and the D700 is the offspring of the D3, it is appropriate in that Dan Blocker was large and Dirk is his offspring.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA

Nikonians Team Member

Efem

New York City, US
2250 posts

#2. "RE: Ashton for the Coolpix and D60, who for the D700?" | In response to Reply # 0

Efem Registered since 14th Sep 2004
Wed 02-Jul-08 01:46 PM

He'd probably hate to be called a mascot, but Bob Krist would probably be a good spokesman for the D700.

Krist tends to shoot with cameras 1 step down from top-of-the-line and likes to minimize weight. It's not really that light, but compared to the D3.....

I think Krist's work speaks for itself and I've never seen a photo of him without a Nikon in it.

G