Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"NIKON D700 CUSTOMER ALERT"

scottnilsson

Atlanta, US
26 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
scottnilsson Registered since 29th Oct 2007
Wed 09-Jul-08 01:48 AM

I ordered D700s about ten days before the announcement, but got the following "ALERT" from the vendor by email today. Chalk up a big win for Nikon, but perhaps a long wait for delivery... Travel safely, all - Scott / Atlanta

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Subject: #######: Nikon D700 Customer Alert
To: Scott Nilsson

Apparently even Nikon didn’t know just how big a homerun they scored with the new D700. Initial demand for the D700 far outstrips Nikon’s ability to build it, one of the most sensational new cameras in a generation.

As one of Nikon’s biggest dealerships, #######’s allocation of D700’s is way up there. But ‘way up there’ doesn’t even come close to the number of orders we’ve received.

We know this is small comfort to all of you who are champing at the bit. Just imagine how we feel. You’re waiting for a single D700. We’re waiting for lots of them. All we can ask of you is what Nikon is asking of us – for a bit of patience. As soon as they can deliver they will. As soon as we can ship to you we will.

Every single D700 will be shipped per the order in which it was received. NO ONE IS skipping to the head of the line.

All we can tell you at this time is that we value your business and regard your professionalism very highly. We know how important your equipment is to you, and we understand why a Nikon D700 is a ‘must-have’.

Rest assured that as we receive shipments from Nikon, we will be forwarding each of these precious cameras. You will receive yours as quickly as Nikon can build it. We know it’s tempting to call Customer Service for updates on your order. But there is nothing they can tell you, as our entire inventory and order-fulfillment process is state-of-the art and completely automated. You will get your D700 right after the customer who ordered before you, and right before the customer who placed their order after you.

We thank you for your patience. More importantly, we thank you for your trust. Rest assured that your account will not be charged until your camera is ready for shipment to you.

Sincerely,

Your friends at #######

Scott Nilsson / Atlanta

Nikon D3 D300(s) Nikon 200f/2 85f/1.4 Nikon2.8G's: 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 Nikon 50 f/1.4 + 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 Nikon SB-800's Gitzo-G1312 Cullmann Magnesit35's Magnesit 25 custom-Custom Bracket Custom Bracket CB Gimbal Stroboframe-ProDCRA Singh-Ray:VND+CP SanDisk-8gEx4 PS-CS3/DxO5 Wacom-I3 Lowepro ThinkTank

westside_guy

UM
118 posts

#1. "RE: "NIKON D700 CUSTOMER ALERT"" | In response to Reply # 0

westside_guy Registered since 15th Dec 2007
Wed 09-Jul-08 01:48 AM

Wow, how'd you manage to order a D700 from Adorama 10 days before the announcement??

I'm also not sure why you removed "Adorama" from the email...

monteverde_org

Monteverde Cloud Forest, CR
1283 posts

#2. "RE: "NIKON D700 CUSTOMER, be patient!" | In response to Reply # 0

monteverde_org Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Nov 2007
Wed 09-Jul-08 06:27 AM

"As soon as we can ship to you we will" - good to know that they will not sit on it a couple of weeks before shipping it.

RoFus

Luxembourg, LU
119 posts

#3. "RE: "NIKON D700 CUSTOMER ALERT"" | In response to Reply # 0

RoFus Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2004
Wed 09-Jul-08 07:08 AM

was to be expected. I got a similar mail from my dealer in Germany about stock shortage.

I have been waiting for years, so I will wait a couple weeks/months more. at least, we are on "the list".

Jon Porter

US
53 posts

#4. "RE: "NIKON D700 CUSTOMER ALERT"" | In response to Reply # 0

Jon Porter Registered since 12th Apr 2008
Wed 09-Jul-08 12:12 PM

The good news is that interest in the D700 has apparently diverted enough D3 sales that Nikon has caught up with demand for that camera. Adorama/Amazon are selling it discounted with immediate shipping.

DKESLERFL

Miami (Coconut Grove), US
3198 posts

#5. "RE: "NIKON D700 CUSTOMER ALERT"" | In response to Reply # 0

DKESLERFL Registered since 21st Mar 2003
Wed 09-Jul-08 12:37 PM

Adorama seems to stir things up with every model release. I bet they have equaled the cost of an entire ad campaign with this one rather brilliant email. I knew what this post was going to say and who it was about before I opened it

Regards,

Don Kesler

http://www.donaldkesler.com

Through the judicious use of adjustment layers, no pixels were actually harmed in the processing of my shots..

yelcab

San carlos, US
924 posts

#6. "RE: "NIKON D700 CUSTOMER ALERT"" | In response to Reply # 4

yelcab Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Nov 2006
Wed 09-Jul-08 06:35 PM

I am waiting for the D3 to hit $4,000 before I pull the trigger, if that.

monteverde_org

Monteverde Cloud Forest, CR
1283 posts

#7. "Adorama automated order-fulfillment" | In response to Reply # 0

monteverde_org Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Nov 2007
Wed 09-Jul-08 06:47 PM

Adorama is not kidding when they say "order-fulfillment process is... completely automated".

I pre-ordered a 500mm VR in Sep. '07 and 5 months later they shipped it without sending a simple email asking if I still wanted it & if the ship-to address was still valid, which it was not.

I was surprised that they would not do a simple check before sending such a expensive item.

So keep the pre-order data up-to-date & don't forget to cancel it if you get the stuff elsewhere because you are tired of waiting for Adorama to ship the stuff.

G