Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Berger Bros experience

dazman47

Tacoma, US
388 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dazman47 Registered since 25th Sep 2007
Tue 29-Jul-08 11:35 PM

My initial D700 pre-order with Adoroma was in limbo...I had no idea what the shipping status was or anything. Decided to go ahead and cancel that order after I read some of the comments about Berger Bros that was posted, wanted to try them out.

I talked to Larry and he double check the D700 stock and said that they had a few left. I asked for a one day shipping to an alternative address and they where more than happy to help me out.

Overall experience and impression of them is very good. Brad also called later to tell me the package was mailed out. We made some small talk and I actually didn't mind the extra attention.

I didn't feel any like they tried to push extra products when I was asked if I needed anything else. I'm saving up some money now to buy one of there SB900 in stock. Brad said they had 4 left, I would've got one if I didn't get a 24-70mm a few weeks ago.

Dave
My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

dgillilan

Williamsburg, US
2695 posts

#1. "RE: Berger Bros experience" | In response to Reply # 0

dgillilan Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2006
Tue 29-Jul-08 11:33 PM | edited Tue 29-Jul-08 11:34 PM by dgillilan

Dave,
Excellent ! I also ordered my D700(pre order) back on July 7, and did so after considering my options to pre order. I live in a small town with zero legitimate high end photo stores. The Nikonians forum here has high praise for Berger Bros. I now see why. I also was treated with respect and treated well, and employees answering the phone there respond with a friendly manner, and also talked to both Lisa & Brad, the owner, after shipping was completed. I also got mine shipped next day, as I am never here during the week to accept orders, so I decided I would make use of my weekend to shoot and pay for the overnight shipping. I will do business again with Berger Bros. and glad you had a good experience there also, they have it together.
Debra

Visit My Nikonian Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=94067
My Flickr Gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgillilan/

anabasis

Pringle, US
1857 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#2. "RE: Berger Bros experience" | In response to Reply # 0

anabasis Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2003
Wed 30-Jul-08 02:33 PM

Glad it worked out for you.

You're going to LOVE that 24-70 on the D700.

JCA

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977699@N00/

Visit

dazman47

Tacoma, US
388 posts

#3. "RE: Berger Bros experience" | In response to Reply # 2

dazman47 Registered since 25th Sep 2007
Wed 30-Jul-08 03:29 PM

I have to agree with you there...the 24-70mm was great on the d300 but D700 - get outta here-It's amazing glass built for FX. It's serious money for this lens, but when you figure the years of use you'll get of it, well worth the investment.

Dave
My Nikonians Gallery

G