Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Pre-orders being taken @ Berger Bros.

anabasis

Pringle, US
1857 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
anabasis Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2003
Tue 01-Jul-08 04:00 PM

I just put in my D700 pre-order and deposit at Berger Bros Camera in NY a few hours ago. I checked B&H and don't see a listing yet. Price is about $3,200 which is probably a bit more then it will be at B&H, but I like the shop and live nearby.

This is the camera I've been waiting for. Smaller sized D3 with the option to go "full speed" with the power grip.

I can't wait, time to think about converting my D100 to IR and retiring it from the front line.

JCA

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977699@N00/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

rgenung

Lowestoft, UK
45 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

#1. "RE: Pre-orders being taken at Warehouse Express in UK" | In response to Reply # 0

rgenung Registered since 13th Jun 2008
Wed 02-Jul-08 08:01 PM

Body only: £1999 (about $3,978 US); with 24-70 mm lens: £2969 (about $5,900 US!!). Both with 4 Gig Extreme IV card. ;-( Too much for me!

Bob

basepin

Jessup, US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#2. "RE: Pre-orders being taken @ Berger Bros." | In response to Reply # 0

basepin Registered since 26th Sep 2004
Sun 13-Jul-08 11:28 PM

I put my pre-order in on July 2nd at Ritz in Greenbelt MD, $2999.99

With only two of us preordering I guess there won't be a wait

PaulBennett

US
321 posts

#3. "RE: Pre-orders being taken @ Berger Bros." | In response to Reply # 2

PaulBennett Registered since 09th May 2008
Mon 14-Jul-08 06:19 AM

I switched from being #23 no-deposit preorder list at the larger store to $500 deposit preorder #2 in my comfortable smaller store. Reason-I'm told Nikon typically sends 2 each to all stores on first go regardless of store prominence and typically 4-6 weeks after announcement. Price $2999 and I'm rooting for typicals. I'll get a 24-70mm 2.8 with it so I can use it in the store parking lot. Read the manual later at home.

4ohtoe

San Diego, US
30 posts

#4. "RE: Pre-orders being taken @ Berger Bros." | In response to Reply # 3

4ohtoe Registered since 25th Jul 2006
Mon 14-Jul-08 11:08 AM

I preordered mine at Ritz on July 2nd. Do we want to start analyzing order numbers like we did with the D300? lol. Seems like we just went through this...wait....we did!

BTW I got this camera becuase I need more detail and low light. Was almost ready to buy a D3 when this was anounced. D300 will be a backup. Never thought I'd say that for a couple years.

Melanie

DKESLERFL

Miami (Coconut Grove), US
3198 posts

#5. "RE: Pre-orders being taken @ Berger Bros." | In response to Reply # 3

DKESLERFL Registered since 21st Mar 2003
Mon 14-Jul-08 01:56 PM

>I'll get a 24-70mm 2.8 with it so I can use it in the store parking lot. Read the manual later at home<

Don't forget to bring a charged battery.

Regards,

Don Kesler

http://www.donaldkesler.com

Through the judicious use of adjustment layers, no pixels were actually harmed in the processing of my shots..

G