Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Computer Help needed with images please

girard12

US
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
girard12 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Aug 2009
Thu 01-Oct-09 07:18 PM

Hi, recently got the D700 and have a problem opening any image in CS3 that was previously rotated in Nikon View. The images that were not touched in Nikon View are fine. Couldn't find any downloads to resolve the problem. Work is building up. Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.
Garry N

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

hollingwD80

Hartselle, US
432 posts

#1. "RE: D700 Computer Help needed with images please" | In response to Reply # 0

hollingwD80 Registered since 30th Apr 2008
Thu 01-Oct-09 10:17 PM | edited Thu 01-Oct-09 10:18 PM by hollingwD80

Gary:

Could something else have happened to the pics between Nikon View and CS3?

I use Nikon View all the time to get an initial look at my pics (sometimes rotating them) and then open them in CS4 and LR 2 with no problems.

I'm just wondering if something else is going on that's corrupting the photos for CS3?

ALso, are they Raw or JPEGS???

Rich

girard12

US
57 posts

#2. "RE: D700 Computer Help needed with images please" | In response to Reply # 1

girard12 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Aug 2009
Fri 02-Oct-09 01:23 AM

Mostly raw. The jpegs that I had in the same file opened fine. It seems if I rotate anything in Nikon View I can't open in CS3.
Garry

infamily

Petaluma, US
223 posts

#3. "RE: D700 Computer Help needed with images please" | In response to Reply # 2

infamily Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 10th Sep 2009
Fri 02-Oct-09 02:28 AM

you might have to donwload new utility for cs3 which supports Nikon d700.. I had to do the same. Google Photoshop raw file for nikon d 700 and you ill find help forums for this. I am not sure if you can still find it on adobe website since cs4 is out.

Sandeep B
So much to learn, so little time.

visit
my Nikonians gallery.

KenLPhotos

Stewartstown, US
1908 posts

#4. "RE: D700 Computer Help needed with images please" | In response to Reply # 3

KenLPhotos Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009
Fri 02-Oct-09 09:15 AM

And if that fails, get Adobe's DNG Converter.
I had to do that for CS2. Files are smaller than NEFs and I converted all NEFs to DNGs and saved a ton of disk space.

KenL

There are many 'photographs of beautiful objects' but not so many 'beautiful photographs of objects'.

gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

#5. "RE: D700 Computer Help needed with images please" | In response to Reply # 4

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Fri 02-Oct-09 01:25 PM | edited Fri 02-Oct-09 01:27 PM by gkaiseril

DNG was started as an archival format but now there are some cameras that use this format within the camera.

You can include your NEF into the DNG file, so you can have a copy of the original NEF file.

It is also possible to open a file in Nikon ViewNX and then use ViewNX to pass the in memory TIFF version of the file in another editor using the "Open with..." option.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

G