Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Typos are fun!

mklass

Tacoma, US
7437 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Tue 05-Nov-13 01:25 PM

I received an E-mail from a local camera club announcing that a member had something to sell. The subject of the E-mail was: "For sale Used Cannon G5"

Not being familiar with this, I did an internet search for G5 Cannon and found this product

I am curious when and how the item for sale was used, but whatever it was, it must have been a blast.

Let the punnery begin.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

dclarhorn

Berwyn Heights, US
14900 posts

#1. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning a Nikonians Annual Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 31st Mar 2002
Tue 05-Nov-13 12:32 PM

Gives a whole new meaning for going out and shooting.

Dan L.
http://www.danlarussophotography.com/

Covey22

US
11756 posts

#2. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter Member
Tue 05-Nov-13 12:37 PM

And the best news is that with the end of Apartheid, South Africa is free to sell it once again. One of the finest you can buy on the market!

Ineluki

Nuremberg, DE
5430 posts

#3. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011
Tue 05-Nov-13 12:41 PM

Should be armed too

Egbert

Egbert

www.allmondo.com

https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

esantos

McAllen, US
13266 posts

#4. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002
Tue 05-Nov-13 02:11 PM

Now that's a Powershot!!

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography
Get my new e-Book "Churches of Texas"

jbloom

Wethersfield, US
7735 posts

#5. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004
Tue 05-Nov-13 02:23 PM

I was hoping for the retro model.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

KerryS

Sedro Woolley, WA, US
270 posts

#6. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

KerryS Registered since 30th Nov 2012
Tue 05-Nov-13 08:04 PM

New meaning to point and shoot.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ScottChapin

Powder Springs/ATL, US
9068 posts

#7. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter Member
Tue 05-Nov-13 09:44 PM

I betcha I could really shoot some band students with that. Do ear plugs come with it?

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA

Nikonians Team Member

Antero52

Vantaa, FI
2683 posts

#8. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009
Tue 05-Nov-13 10:58 PM

Now that's strange indeed. Which search engine were you using? If you search for a cannon, you should not find a howitzer.

Regards, Antero

mklass

Tacoma, US
7437 posts

#9. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 8

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Tue 05-Nov-13 11:27 PM

>Now that's strange indeed. Which search engine were you
>using? If you search for a cannon, you should not find a
>howitzer.
>
>Regards, Antero

Oh, just Google. But what do they know.

Mick
or

GBaylis

Oakford, Devon, UK
616 posts

#10. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

GBaylis Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his generous and continuous sharing of his high level skills with the Nikonians community Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Articles. Nikonian since 12th Sep 2012
Wed 06-Nov-13 06:55 AM

Crikey. Not sure how itza gonna fit in my camera bag. Think I'll need to get a bigger Think Tank.

Geoff

Visit my Nikonians gallery and my personal website: www.gbphotosandframing.co.uk

dclarhorn

Berwyn Heights, US
14900 posts

#11. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning a Nikonians Annual Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 31st Mar 2002
Wed 06-Nov-13 01:51 PM

Is that light enough to handhold?

Dan L.
http://www.danlarussophotography.com/

jdroach

Milwaukee, US
7120 posts

#12. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009
Wed 06-Nov-13 01:56 PM

Now this is a delightful thread…..I am still laughing!

jdroach

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Visit my Nikonian gallery
See my Website at jdroachphotography.com
See My Flickr Photostream

olivierrychner

Boudry, CH
5260 posts

#13. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 0

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005
Thu 07-Nov-13 08:12 AM

And there are people who complain of shutter noise?

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

olivierrychner

Boudry, CH
5260 posts

#14. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 10

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005
Thu 07-Nov-13 08:14 AM

>Crikey. Not sure how itza gonna fit in my camera bag. Think
>I'll need to get a bigger Think Tank.

No need, Sir! It's been upgraded to G6, fully self-propelled

Olivier

benveniste

Boston Area, US
10293 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#15. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 14

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous suppport to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002
Thu 07-Nov-13 04:15 PM

No need, Sir! It's been upgraded to G6, fully self-propelled

A Pontiac G6, perchance? As a promotion Leica once offered the 800 mm f/6.3 Telyt-S with a free carrying case -- A VW Fox.

"There is no real magic in photography, just the sloppy intersection of physics and art." — Kirk Tuck

timpsm

Salt Spring Island, CA
416 posts

#16. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 14

timpsm Registered since 17th Sep 2010
Thu 07-Nov-13 05:12 PM

A Think Tank should work for the self propelled Tank version.
tim

timpsm

Salt Spring Island, CA
416 posts

#17. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 13

Thu 07-Nov-13 05:32 PM

Possibly dust and oil are also issues.

tim

mklass

Tacoma, US
7437 posts

#18. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 17

Thu 07-Nov-13 06:19 PM

The main questions I am still pondering:

1. For focus fine tuning, what kind of target do you use?

2. While image editing may be non-distructive, I imagine that image capture is the opposite. In fact, "capture" could take on a whole new meaning.

Mick
or

timpsm

Salt Spring Island, CA
416 posts

#19. "RE: Typos are fun!" | In response to Reply # 18

Thu 07-Nov-13 06:41 PM

It gives new meaning to Chimping as well I suppose. If the first shot doesn't look like what you wanted, well, tough. The second shot will look even worse.
tim

G