Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks...

klrbee25

Naples, US
1386 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006
Mon 19-Nov-07 03:34 AM

So I've had my D50 for a couple years now and while it's supplemented with a D80, I'd dump the D80 before the D50 any day. That being said, how many clicks do you have on your D50? I'm sure some of you have crushed the 50,000 barrier by this point..

-Alex Rosen
www.flickr.com/photos/klrbee25/

-Alex Rosen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Shane422

US
95 posts

#1. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

Shane422 Registered since 21st Jun 2006
Mon 19-Nov-07 03:16 AM

I hit 29,508 today. I've had my D50 about 24 months and its still going strong.

Brent D50

US
814 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#2. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 1

Brent D50 Registered since 02nd Mar 2006
Mon 19-Nov-07 09:54 AM

i usually shoot on weekends or days when im not working so mine is a tad low. i've had it since march '06 and im at 10,800 and some change

Nikonian in Washington, D.C.

HI DAD!!

alembicbassman

The North, UK
1331 posts

#3. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 2

alembicbassman Registered since 30th Oct 2004
Mon 19-Nov-07 05:54 PM

Only 8000 for me in 14 months ownership.

Acoustic

Olathe, US
14 posts

#4. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

Acoustic Registered since 24th Feb 2007
Wed 16-Jan-08 12:17 PM

Got my D50 Dec 23rd 2006 and she has performed flawlessly! I shoot a lot, I guess: 20,620 shutter movements so far.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

TJD50

Coombs, CA
25 posts

#5. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

TJD50 Registered since 16th Sep 2007
Wed 21-Nov-07 02:11 AM

I was told that there was no to tell how many clicks as you call them on the D50,how do you find this out? Thanks.

Zeroneg1

US
13 posts

#6. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 5

Zeroneg1 Registered since 08th Apr 2006
Wed 21-Nov-07 02:58 AM

The shutter count is embeded in your EFIX data. Any EXIF data reader can do this.

BTW my shutter count is at 14,800 for almost 16 month old camera.

dongdong

US
17 posts

#7. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 6

dongdong Registered since 06th Dec 2007
Wed 21-Nov-07 06:44 AM

>The shutter count is embeded in your EFIX data. Any EXIF
>data reader can do this.
>
>BTW my shutter count is at 14,800 for almost 16 month old
>camera.

does this work with lightroom? i cant seem to find it.

mikeac

Seaford, UK
147 posts

#8. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 7

mikeac Registered since 19th Nov 2007
Wed 21-Nov-07 02:41 PM

Hi DongDong - not all EXIF readers will pick up the info, as these fields are proprietary to Nikon.

If you're on a PC, you can download a bit of free software called 'IExif 2.3' from www.opanda.com which does the job. Once installed, you just right-click on your most recent image and select the 'view EXIF/GPS/IPTC info' option. Towards the bottom of the list you'll see 'Total Number of Shutter Releases for Camera'.

I've only done 3700 in nearly 2 years! That's still an average of 5 shots a day; quite a lot considering I only really take the odd shots at weekends and the rest are from holidays etc.

Cheers
Mike

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Too many hobbies, too little time

TJD50

Coombs, CA
25 posts

#9. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 8

TJD50 Registered since 16th Sep 2007
Sat 24-Nov-07 02:36 AM

Do you have to use a photo editing program for this software to work?Thanks.

mfa

Pelennor Fields, US
105 posts

#10. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 8

mfa Registered since 18th Nov 2005
Sat 24-Nov-07 01:28 PM

>...If you're on a PC, you can download a bit of free software
>called 'IExif 2.3' from www.opanda.com which does the job.
>Once installed, you just right-click on your most recent
>image and select the 'view EXIF/GPS/IPTC info' option.
>Towards the bottom of the list you'll see 'Total Number of
>Shutter Releases for Camera'.

Did this, but it does not appear to work with NEF files.

Also, using the program directly, I told it to open a NEF file and it said that I needed to use the professional version of the program, which costs money, of course.

mikeac

Seaford, UK
147 posts

#11. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 10

Mon 26-Nov-07 03:29 PM

No, it doesn't work with NEFs - but it's hardly difficult to switch to JPEG mode for one shot, just to check the count. I generally shoot NEF too, but my budget NEF-converter software doesn't read the relevant EXIF field. Not sure about Capture etc.

glenn58

Raynham, US
292 posts

#12. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 5

glenn58 Registered since 02nd May 2007
Tue 04-Dec-07 05:42 PM

I guess I should have looked closer before posting my question on shutter counts.

Mine is around 3 years old with 41,593 releases. As I mentioned in my post I shot a lot of sports and was waiting for Nikon's next generation DSLR. I wasn't that impressed with the D80 when it came out so I decided to wait. Just picked up a 300 last weekend. I was trying to decide if the count was close to some common failure number that people were experiencing.

I'll never get rid of this camera. It's been too good to me!!! I made enough money with it on the side to fund an 80-200mm f2.8 and now my D300.

GLENN,
D300 ..."Just holding the shutter button down"

Floridian

Tallahassee, Florida, US
2945 posts

#13. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007
Wed 21-Nov-07 07:25 PM

I've had my D50 for just over two years, and recently passed 25,000 clicks. It's been a great camera for me -- all I need, really -- but I am thinking about getting a D300 as a back-up.

Randy

rondun

UK
8 posts

#14. "RE%3A How%27s that D50 holding up%3F Post your shutter" | In response to Reply # 13

rondun Registered since 07th Nov 2007
Sun 02-Dec-07 02:44 AM

nosingchum

Richmond, CA
405 posts

#15. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

nosingchum Registered since 31st Oct 2005
Thu 22-Nov-07 01:42 AM

Just over 10,000 clicks since July '06. It's the quality of the pictures, not quantity, that I measure my progress with.

Simon

A Richmond, B.C. Nikonian
- FM2n, F100, D300, D800

klrbee25

Naples, US
1386 posts

#16. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 15

klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006
Thu 22-Nov-07 02:26 AM

>Just over 10,000 clicks since July '06. It's the quality of
>the pictures, not quantity, that I measure my progress with.
>
>Simon

Hey Simon,

I just started the thread to get an idea of how the shutterlife is on the D50. Surely the click number is no contest though I am amazed by how much some folks use their cameras!

-Alex Rosen

-Alex Rosen

mikeac

Seaford, UK
147 posts

#17. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 16

Fri 23-Nov-07 11:55 AM

Well it looks like my low click-count might be a bonus then! I know DSLR technology is likely to have an obsoletion turnover rate more like that of PCs, but I want a good few years out of my D50 yet. After all, my old film camera - a basic Minolta SLR - lasted me 17 years!

Shane422

US
95 posts

#18. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 15

Shane422 Registered since 21st Jun 2006
Thu 22-Nov-07 07:22 PM

>Just over 10,000 clicks since July '06. It's the quality of
>the pictures, not quantity, that I measure my progress with.
>
>Simon

I think we were all just pointing out the lasting quality of our cameras. There's no need to make condescending comments. Just be happy that it looks like you have at least 3 more years of life from your D50.

Scotty

Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
5170 posts

#19. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 18

Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002
Sat 24-Nov-07 06:03 AM

After about 12 months mine is on 5359 - I really should get out more!!!

D3 + 20mm f2.8 AFD + 105mm f2.8 AFD + 300mm f4 AFS

Hunger pays a heavy price to the shining Gods of speed and steel

LIKE me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AlexJPScottPhotography

http://alexjpscottphotography.blogspot.co.uk/

Alex

mfa

Pelennor Fields, US
105 posts

#20. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 18

mfa Registered since 18th Nov 2005
Sat 24-Nov-07 01:16 PM

>Just be happy that it looks like you have at least 3 more
>years of life from your D50.

What's the expected shutter life for the D50?

nosingchum

Richmond, CA
405 posts

#21. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 18

nosingchum Registered since 31st Oct 2005
Tue 27-Nov-07 01:37 PM

All,

My apologies if my comment sounded condescending! I didn't want it to be intepreted that way but it looked like it did. I should've put a smiley at the end of my comment

regards,
Simon

A Richmond, B.C. Nikonian
- FM2n, F100, D300, D800

Tecant

West Allis, US
68 posts

#22. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

Tecant Registered since 05th Oct 2006
Sat 24-Nov-07 12:43 PM

I'm at 8109 shutter clicks since Christmas 2006. I love my D50 and would buy it all over again. I have never had any problems with it.

Tecant
A Milwaukee Nikonian

ediepics

US
3 posts

#23. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

ediepics Registered since 26th Nov 2007
Mon 26-Nov-07 04:22 AM

Thanks for the info on Opanda - I didn't even know I could find out how many pictures I'd taken! I've had my D50 for just over a year and have taken 5600 shots... not resulting in nearly as many pictures.

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'." ~ Dave Barry

skippy1

chicago, US
61 posts

#24. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 23

skippy1 Registered since 30th Mar 2007
Mon 26-Nov-07 07:59 PM

My father always shot Nikon and I caught the bug a few years ago in college. 2 years ago with the birth of my son I knew I needed to go out and pick up a DSLR and fell in LOVEEEEEE with the D50 I have never looked back. I am over 14,000 clicks. I am tempted at times to "upgrade" to another body at times and then I have to tell myself, "YOU HAVEN"T EVEN SEE WHAT THE 50 CAN REALLY DO." The day my precious D50 conks out will be a sad day. I might actually go out that night (it would have to be at night cause I don't want my neighbors thinking I was crazy) and bury her in the ground, I couldn't bare the thought of just chucking her in the garbage. She has done such a splendid job capturing so much life.

for what its worth,
-Keith

prestomation

59 posts

#25. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

prestomation Registered since 03rd Nov 2006
Mon 26-Nov-07 08:18 PM

After about 6 months, my D50 started developing the ERR message after the occasional shutter release. I sent it in under warranty exactly 365 days after I bought it and they replaced the shutter at no charge. I was at ~13,400 clicks.

I'm curious, You would dump the D80 before the '50? What is your reasoning behind that?

tufcat

Thonotosassa, US
158 posts

#26. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

tufcat Registered since 08th Mar 2006
Mon 26-Nov-07 11:32 PM

Only 9082 here. Just like brand new.

Keith Preble............ Nikon D50 ….. Nikon 300mm f/4 ….. Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 ….. Nikon 85mm f/1.8 ….. Nikon 50mm f/1.8 ….. Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 ….. Sigma 15mm (fisheye) f/2.8 ….. Kenko Pro 300, 1.4 teleconverter

ActionVue.com

CatSplat

Calgary, CA
250 posts

#27. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

CatSplat Registered since 17th Sep 2006
Tue 27-Nov-07 01:00 AM

Had my trusty D50 for just under 20 months now, and while I've taken good care of it, I've also taken it to hell and back! -40 Celsius weather, scorching hot dusty trackdays, sprayed by waterfalls and snow, and it's done it all without a complaint or a problem. Today was actuation #24,258 and still going strong. Almost halfway to the 50,000 Nikon rated the shutter assembly to!

- Trevor Miles (a Calgary Nikonian)
www.osphoto.ca
"Kick reason to the curb! Who do you think we are?"

d50user

Mesa, US
3 posts

#28. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 27

d50user Registered since 06th Dec 2007
Fri 30-Nov-07 09:50 PM

I just purchased a used d50, works great, but I wish I had know about the program to check on shutter releases, I downloaded the program and it shows a whopping 50774, should I be concerned, camera seems to work great.
What do I need to do? send back to Nikon for checkup?
thanks.

Dave

Floridian

Tallahassee, Florida, US
2945 posts

#29. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 28

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007
Sat 01-Dec-07 12:51 AM

Wow, Dave. You've got the record on this thread so far! But as long as it's working fine I don't see any reason to send it to Nikon. Just keep using it. Your camera may get another 50,000 shots or more before you see any problems.

Randy

d50user

Mesa, US
3 posts

#30. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 29

Sat 01-Dec-07 04:03 AM

Thanks, I guess I shouldn't worry just yet working great, takes better pictures than I deserve being a DSL newbie. Lot's to learn.

Dave

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 ( file)

memphishooter

Memphis, US
136 posts

#31. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 30

memphishooter Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 02-Dec-07 02:13 AM

Absolutely! The D takes better wedding pics than the N did, and being able to either erase and reshoot or feel commended on a good shot, is a fast way to learn how to shoot better! I have a pic in the church mag this season because the image was just too cute. Digital is it for me, I may even be able to make a living doing this, who knows? I'm going to try.

memphishooter

Memphis, US
136 posts

#32. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 31

Sun 02-Dec-07 02:15 AM

BTW, how do you tell how many clicks the shutter has taken, or is there a way? I never knew.

memphishooter

Memphis, US
136 posts

#33. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

Sun 02-Dec-07 02:29 AM

According to exif 2.3, its closing in on 12,500 shots so far, and I guess that includes the ones erased in the camera too. In two years, that's still alot of shots! You'd think I did little else but shoot all day, but that's not how its been. But almost 12,500 in little over two years, is pretty amazing!

rondun

UK
8 posts

#34. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 33

rondun Registered since 07th Nov 2007
Sun 02-Dec-07 02:56 AM

>I've had my D50 for just over two years, and recently passed
>25,000 clicks. It's been a great camera for me -- all I
>need, really -- but I am thinking about getting a D300 as a
>back-up.
>>Randy

Ha Ha - that's priceless!

Well my 2 Month old (yes really - I think I must've got one of the last ones!) has around 900 shots on it, but its going to Nikon because of a dead pixel and line which I've only recently noticed has been there from the start and is now bugging me too much.
More dead pixels are showing up now too, but only intermittently - anyone know what Nikon's policy is on this - do they replace the sensor or will they map out the bad bits somehow?

edmondlau

Chicago, US
20 posts

#35. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 34

edmondlau Registered since 16th Sep 2007
Tue 04-Dec-07 01:43 AM

I've had mine for less than 2 months and I'm around 1500 clicks or so. It's just so easy to take a lot of pics with this camera. And that's with the kit lens. Can't wait to get my 55-200 lens next week.

poorpaul

Prairie Grove, US
21 posts

#36. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

poorpaul Registered since 27th Nov 2007
Tue 04-Dec-07 11:46 AM

You guys are scaring me. My D40 is only a week old, but it looks like it may have a five or six year life span? Love the camera so far, and we'll see about life, but it's going to have to be a whole lot longer than that. The Rollei 35 and F2 are 40 years old and still going strong.

d50user

Mesa, US
3 posts

#37. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 36

Wed 05-Dec-07 03:32 AM

I recently contacted Nikon tech support about this, and was told I quote "First, there is no precise way to tell how many actuations a shutter has actually had.". Quess David D had not heard about Exif data. I was trying to find out what it would cost to replace shutter assembly, did not get an answer.

D50user

vz223

US
8 posts

#38. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 37

vz223 Registered since 13th Jan 2007
Wed 12-Dec-07 06:12 AM

I bought mine as a refurb from a reputable camera dealer in December of 2006. I bought it with the purpose of shooting sports photo's. Since both my children run all year with basketball, baseball, softball and field hockey, I've hit 11,116. It's not un-common for me to shoot 400 shots at a time if the lighting and weather are good. Even with a sharper lens, shooting indoors in some of these gyms is a challenge and a science all to itself. I am considering an upgrade to a d200 in the coming year though. Over-all, the camera is great.

AspiringPro

Victoria, CA
1 posts

#39. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 38

AspiringPro Registered since 10th Dec 2007
Wed 12-Dec-07 11:02 PM

Hi,

I upfraded from a Nikon SQ to a D50 in August 2005. I'm just over 25,500 clicks. My shutter is a lot noisier than a friend's D50 purchased three months after mine but with about 20,000 less clicks.

The biggest difference though is in our lenses. We each bought the 55-200mm and while mine feels very loose, theirs still feels brand new.

Sean

MazG

CA
5 posts

#40. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 37

MazG Registered since 31st May 2006
Sun 16-Dec-07 02:07 AM

5323 in 18 months.

Stujoe

US
2 posts

#41. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

Stujoe Registered since 02nd Jan 2007
Sun 16-Dec-07 01:06 AM

8506 in a little over a year.

kgendron12

Burlington, US
235 posts

#42. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 41

kgendron12 Registered since 18th Jan 2006
Sun 16-Dec-07 02:38 PM

I haven't checked the shutter clicks in a while. Last I checked it was about 500 or so above what my current image file number was. Based on that I'm just over 13,000 clicks since Jan '06.

The problem I have with going over 10,000 is that I can't find a way to add an extra 0 to make 5 numbers. When I hit 10,000 the number reverted back to 0000 with the same 3 letter designation at the beginning (ie: DSC_0000.NEF rather than DSC_10000.NEF. I like keeping everything in order and while I was at Disney a few weeks back this has messed up my filing system. (BTW, I took over 3,000 pictures in 7 days at Disney World, there is SOOO much to photograph down there, but thats for another thread).

When '08 starts I may just rename the files when I transfer them to my PC and add the 1 at the beginning (ie: changing DSC_2986.NEF to DSC_12986.NEF unless there is a better way to do it).

My Disney World Gallery (2006 trip all with Nikon D50)
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/kgendron12/

My Disney World Gallery (2006 & 2007 trips all with Nikon D50)
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/kgendron12/

D300 / D50 / 18-135mm / 50mm f/1.8 / 70-210mm f/4 / 70-300mm VR / Sigma 30mm f/1.4 / Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

RaceCarPhotoMan

Deer Lodge, US
104 posts

#43. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

RaceCarPhotoMan Registered since 01st Dec 2007
Sun 16-Dec-07 04:29 PM

I've got 2 D50's. One shows 10,982 and the other at 14,663.

I got these two cameras at the beginning of the year for shooting NASCAR races. On a normal racing weekend I'll shoot 800 to 1,500 pics. I love this camera but more and more editors are wanting 10mp and above these days. I hate to but will probably have to move up to a D200 or D300 someday.

Steve
Member of The National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA)
D200, Twin D50's

https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/160478

http://motorsportsnews.net/

nikon50bigma

55 posts

#44. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 43

nikon50bigma Registered since 10th Oct 2007
Sun 16-Dec-07 07:27 PM

My D50 is still ckickin!
I have around 29,000 to 30,000 clicks on mine.

doitnthedirt

Evansville, US
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

#45. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 44

doitnthedirt Registered since 14th Sep 2006
Thu 27-Dec-07 03:54 AM

Purchased May 2006 24,247 clicks.

Thanks Darrell
http://doitnthedirt.smugmug.com/

Thanks Darrell
http://doitnthedirt.smugmug.com/

etherknot

Edmonton, CA
147 posts

#46. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

etherknot Registered since 14th Nov 2005
Thu 27-Dec-07 03:01 PM

By my file count... I'm at 6057 and I'm sure I had about another 100 on top of that before I reset the counter.

That number is so going up this year.

Very happy since I picked it up for a song on Boxing Day 2005.
Also happy to hear from the rest of the D50 Bunch. We are busy snapping away while those D300 guys are trying to figure out their 51 AF points.

Blue Leaf

Dallas, US
126 posts

#47. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 46

Blue Leaf Registered since 17th Feb 2006
Fri 28-Dec-07 03:15 PM

I've had mine since July 2006, so 17 months and I'm just under a measly 4,000 shutter-clicks. Seems like I have plenty of life on this bad boy - and that I need to get out more!

molsen

Jacksonville, US
3 posts

#48. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

molsen Registered since 29th Dec 2007
Sat 29-Dec-07 06:39 PM

IExif doesn't tell me how many actuations...and I can't even begin to guess

Nikon D50
Nikon 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

molsen

Jacksonville, US
3 posts

#49. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 48

molsen Registered since 29th Dec 2007
Sat 29-Dec-07 06:56 PM

I used a hex-editor to determine the shutter actuations for my work D50... 50,423!

My personal D50 isn't with me right now, I'll check it some other time

Nikon D50
Nikon 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

mooredriven

Denton, US
91 posts

#50. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 49

mooredriven Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2008
Sun 30-Dec-07 01:13 PM

For those that own Lightroom, you can get an estimated count by looking at the Metadata browser -->Camera. This of course only counts those photo's you've imported into LR (and have not deleted from your catalog).

I've owned the camera since February 2007. I'm at approximately 5200.

Not as much as I would like, but a lot more than when I owned my P&S.

Mango Killah

Los Angeles, US
50 posts

#51. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 50

Mango Killah Registered since 22nd Oct 2007
Thu 10-Jan-08 02:23 PM

Bought the camera new in July of 2005

As of yesterday, I have 9,405 at this point.
Camera is wonderful, never had anything malfunction.

pelicanx2

Delta, US
16 posts

#52. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 0

pelicanx2 Registered since 24th Nov 2006
Sat 12-Jan-08 12:56 PM

12463 and still loving it!
Got it for my B-day Nov. 06 from the parents, aren't they great!

joelkho

Singapore, SG
53 posts

#53. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 4

joelkho Registered since 21st Jan 2008
Sat 26-Jan-08 12:04 PM

hi

i'm wondering how do i check the number of shutter click i have made??

joel

ertuncaysmile

lithopolis, US
26 posts

#54. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 0

ertuncaysmile Registered since 05th Sep 2006
Wed 30-Jan-08 12:05 PM

I have had my D50 for a year and a half and have only taken 3009 pictures. I have been on trips and have not taken the camera with me because I wasnt sure of the conditions there, (i am in the military) but, will be taking it on all my trips from here on out. I am tired of missing opportunities

My vision is expressed through my lens.

champca

Dresden, CA
2 posts

#55. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 0

champca Registered since 02nd Sep 2006
Wed 30-Jan-08 03:15 PM

Here is a link to another clicks on the D50
This one you don't have to read every message just shows the number of clicks and alive or dead

http://www.olegkikin.com/shutterlife/nikon_d50.htm

maxwell1

Worcester, US
369 posts

#56. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 55

maxwell1 Registered since 01st Jul 2007
Thu 31-Jan-08 11:42 PM

Ok, it's a D40. But I have 28,913 clicks since Mother's Day weekend. It is running like a top!

A

Nikon D40
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Nikkor 18-55mm
Nikkor 55-200mm VR-I
Nikkor 18-200mm VR-II
Nikon SB-400 Speedlight
Nikon SB-600 Speedlight

waywest

las vegas, US
379 posts

#57. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 55

waywest Basic Member
Sun 03-Feb-08 12:10 AM

7,500 on my great d-50 and it's just like day one. i'm very curious why anyone would get rid of their d-80 to keep their d-50? - that is going down the wrong path for sure
waywest - a sincity snapper

Whitster89

Birmingham, US
89 posts

#58. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 0

Whitster89 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Mar 2006
Sun 03-Feb-08 12:54 PM

11898, purchased in Feb 2006

Whit
Birmingham, AL
www.whitsphotos.com

jimwei

30 posts

#59. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 58

jimwei Registered since 01st Mar 2007
Sun 03-Feb-08 02:15 PM

9121, purchased October 2006.

SteelieD

US
9 posts

#60. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 0

SteelieD Registered since 24th Jan 2008
Sun 03-Feb-08 05:19 PM | edited Sun 03-Feb-08 05:20 PM by SteelieD

Only 6300, but I just got it! Need to get busy!

BlindBob

melbourne, US
8 posts

#61. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 60

BlindBob Registered since 01st Feb 2008
Mon 04-Feb-08 12:39 AM

D50 14,420 clicks according to the Panda

joelkho

Singapore, SG
53 posts

#62. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 60

joelkho Registered since 21st Jan 2008
Mon 04-Feb-08 12:42 AM

after over a year i've only got over 5000 clicks..

joel

Brownie

US
87 posts

#63. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 62

Brownie Registered since 03rd Jan 2006
Wed 06-Feb-08 12:40 AM

16737 clicks. My D50 is still going strong (got it in October 2005). It's a wonderful camera and I'm still really glad I bought this as opposed to the canon rebel.

Jeremy

SIDCspooky

UK
14 posts

#64. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 0

SIDCspooky Registered since 04th Jun 2007
Wed 06-Feb-08 08:02 AM

Only 7 months and just under 7000 clicks, seems to be about the norm 1000/month. Was beginning to worry I was an addict too

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_armour

shipsdrummer

Robert in New Orleans LA, US
427 posts

#65. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 10

shipsdrummer Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2006
Wed 06-Feb-08 09:30 PM

Since Feb. 2006 I've got 1945 shutter clicks. Not that much after looking at some of the other posts. I'm glad to hear it can take tens of thousands of shots.

muck

AU
1 posts

#66. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 64

muck Registered since 05th Feb 2008
Thu 07-Feb-08 07:06 AM

my d50 jan 06, after 9000clicks no longer powers up.

RLDA1336

GOOSE CREEK, US
12 posts

#67. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter click" | In response to Reply # 22

RLDA1336 Registered since 22nd Dec 2005
Sat 09-Feb-08 12:02 AM

I've had my D50 since it came out.  I average 3-4000 pics/yr. 
It's running just fine.  I can see now why Nikon took it off
the market so quickly--They made it too good.  For example:  I
find it amusing that there are emails questioning which
Nikor/Sigma lenses work with D40's, D 60's, etc.  They all
work with the D50!  Being a long time Nikon owner, and having
several Nikon system lenses and other accessories, I was
appaled that the D40 didn't accept them.  A ploy to buy new
equipment.  My Leica system accepts all.  Keep your D50.

Rlda1336

fischerms

Port Orchard, US
19 posts

#68. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 0

fischerms Registered since 03rd Jan 2007
Fri 22-Feb-08 02:52 AM

My D50 just turned 2 years and has around 2700 shutter clicks on it.
Since I have bought the D80 last year it has been used half thetime

nalabear

Estevan, CA
8 posts

#69. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks..." | In response to Reply # 0

nalabear Registered since 15th Feb 2008
Wed 27-Feb-08 11:19 PM

Obviously there are many D50 owners who are very loyal to their cameras. I am another! The temp. here for the February eclipse was -25 degrees celsius. My D50 sat on a tripod for over half an hour and didn't miss a beat. I've had mine since September 06 and have about 7500 shots and just keeps on ticking.

memphishooter

Memphis, US
136 posts

#70. "RE: How's that D50 holding up? Post your shutter clicks...Occ" | In response to Reply # 69

Fri 29-Feb-08 10:57 AM

Occasionally Opanda can't see an EXIF file that's staring it in the face, but the latest shoot I did was 13221, in 29 months. Its getting some industrial use, which is why its that high. Its been an unbelievable camera for me.

G