New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Shout out for APS - Morton Grove, IL

ajdooley ajdooley

Is from: Waterloo, US
6630 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ajdooley Moderator Awarded for his frequent encouraging comments, sharing his knowledge in the Nikonians spirit. Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2017 Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the 2017 fundraising campaign Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level of skill in several areas, especially photojo Ribbon awarded for his repeated generous contributions to the 2019 Fundraising campaign Donor Ribbon awarded for the contribution to the 2020 campaign Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Mon 02-Jul-12 02:48 PM | edited Mon 02-Jul-12 02:49 PM by ajdooley
I recently asked my fellow Nikonians for recommendations on a good place to get a D700 checked and repaired in the upper midwest area. APS in Morton Grove, IL got a couple of up-checks and I want to add my enthusiastic words for this outfit.

I sent my camera via ground UPS at their advice and had I not sent it on a Friday it would have been there the next day. In mid afternoon on Monday I called. They told me exactly what they had found and what it would cost. Friday morning it left their place and arrived the next Monday at my front door: clean as new, with a list of exactly what was done, exactly as estimated -- for $160 including return shipping.

Throughout they were courteous -- took a couple of calls and told me where they were and told me when it would be en route back. Everything went exactly as they said and I simply could not be happier. They have my future business and my strongest endorsement for other Nikonians to consider when their Nikon gear needs cleaning, adjusting or repair.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
See my portfolio.

avm247 avm247

Is from: Rancho Cordova, US
18785 posts

#1. "RE: Shout out for APS - Morton Grove, IL" | In response to Reply # 0

avm247 Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Basic Member
Mon 02-Jul-12 03:03 PM
Alan, thanks for the posting your experience!

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.
MEMcD MEMcD

Is from: US
51547 posts

#2. "RE: Shout out for APS - Morton Grove, IL" | In response to Reply # 0

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Mon 02-Jul-12 07:13 PM
Hi Alan,

Glad to here your D700 is back to 100%.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty
See my portfolio.

G