PLEASE READ these GUIDELINES
This topic is locked. This message is locked.
The following rules shall apply to all posts in the "I Want to Sell" and "I Want to Buy" forums:
Failure to adhere to these rules will result, without notice, in the deletion of the post.
General Rules – Applicable to both the "I Want to Sell" and "I Want to Buy" Forums:
The risk of trading, exchanging, selling or buying goods and services here is entirely your own.
The principle of caveat emptor ("buyer beware") applies.
- For legal reasons, Nikonians can not support a feedback forum. If you are going to buy, sell or trade equipment in these forums, you do so at your own risk and peril – therefore, you are advised to take any and all precautions you feel are necessary to ensure a successful transaction. Please also be advised that "feedback" type comments about members, good or bad, are prohibited and will be removed without notice.
- For legal reasons, the team members of Nikonians cannot and will not render assistance to any member who feels that a transaction has gone bad. Please do not contact any team member in this regard. Instead, if you feel that a transaction has gone bad, you are advised to immediately contact the local, state and federal authorities in your area for advice on how best to proceed. Nikonians collaborates with local, state and federal authorities on these matters. Nikonians does have an outstanding good experience track record. The couple of transgressions we had over the years have resulted in convictions and refunds.
- While not an exhaustive list, the following might be considered before transacting business in these forums:
(a) Is the profile complete?
(b) Have you searched the seller’s or buyer’s name on Nikonians using Nikoscope? How many posts on Nikonians does the seller or buyer have?
(c) Exchange phone numbers and addresses by email and talk on the phone to your prospective seller or buyer. Do a reverse phone number search on the Internet.
(d) Do an Internet search of the person’s name. Does the search confirm the address?
(e) Ask for references. Follow up on the references.
(f) Consider engaging someone mutually acceptable to both parties to act as an escrow agent or search the Internet for a reputable escrow service.
- Business, company or auction related ads will be deleted; however, please free to contact the Administrators regarding the placement of an ad in the monthly newsletter or elsewhere on this site.
- If the time limit for editing a Want to Buy or Want to Sell ad has expired and you need to make any significant changes, add a reply in the thread.
- Please restrict all posts to the business of buying and selling photography or photography-related equipment. Posts regarding questions of price, availability, retailers, and equipment will be moved the appropriate forum or deleted. Please see our forums for Shops, Repair Shops, Nikon Products, Non-Nikon Products, and Digital Imaging Software and Hardware.
- DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. We have invested considerable time and resources in an effort to safeguard members privacy. Members can reach you through the email icon in the top bar on the right side on your message. High volume traffic sites like ours are scanned for email harvesting. We have gone through extensive coding to avoid the need to post it, to save you from spam and protect your privacy. Similarly, do not post your telephone number or physical address.
- Please note that the "Alert" link is to be used for contacting the moderators about potential problems in the forums. It will NOT send a message to the seller or any other member. If you wish to contact a member, please use the email or PM icons in the upper right corner of the member’s post. Alternatively, you can post a reply to their message using the "Reply" link.
- WTS and WTB advertisements are not threads for debate.
- BEWARE: Nikonians does not have the means to pursue infractions and suspects of fraud. However, Nikonians does and will continue to cooperate with local, state and federal authorities on these matters.
- Paypal Gift Option: Be aware that any purchase using Paypal's gift option removes the buyer's option to access Paypal's dispute resolution services if the transaction turns out bad. In order for the buyer to retain the right to dispute a charge or claim the transaction must be for a good or service, not a gift.
"I Want to Sell" Forum Rules:
- This service is provided as a courtesy only and is exclusive for fully registered Silver Members or above.
- Please keep your ad simple. A few lines including the description of the item, its condition, the price, the age and preferred way of being contacted should do the job.
- Including the sale price is a requirement. It eliminates almost 100% of the follow-up questions to ads not including a price. Price should include any fees (like those for PayPal, wire-transfer bank fees, etc.). Please state from where (Country) you are selling from and what the currency is for your price (i.e. $945 USD, or $300 CAD, or 179 EUROS).
- Auctions are not allowed. You may not link to or otherwise refer to sales or auctions at other sites, nor may you auction items at Nikonians. "Best Offer" ads without a price are considered auctions, and will be deleted. Please state your firm price. You may add "or best offer" after a price (i.e. $100 or best offer); however, if it appears that the sale is turning into an auction, the ad will be deleted.
- Please be considerate and avoid posting memory and bandwidth consuming, large sized, flashy type picture ads. A picture of the actual item is acceptable. Please keep in mind our current maximum of 1,200 pixels on the longest side and 300Kb size limit.
- If you are posting a long list of items to sell, please update it frequently by stating which items have been sold.
- When you sell all of the items in a thread, please use the "Sold" link at the top of the thread. This helps readers and keeps the "I Want to Sell" forum up-to-date. The thread will then be moved to the sold items area, so that the For Sale forum lists only items which are still for sale. Threads regarding sold items may be accessed by clicking on the "Show Sold" link. There is no time limit for marking an item sold or unsold, so if you mark the item sold and the transaction is not completed, you can click on the "Unsold" link to restore the thread to the original forum.
- If you are a seller, please consider posts, PMs, and/or emails in the order they are received by you. Ethical business behavior is preferred and encouraged over the need for a quick sale. Please consider how you would like to be treated if you were a buyer. If you have a buyer who may be willing to "pay your price", the right thing to do is to work with that buyer before moving to the next buyer in line. Of course, if a buyer is unwilling to commit to your price and the next buyer in line is so willing, then move to the next person. If you have an item that is popular and it is reasonably priced, it will sell.
- Acting as the "price police" is not permitted. If someone is offering to sell an item at what appears to be an unusually high or low price, there is probably a good reason for it. Please respect that person and do not post in his/her thread or elsewhere regarding what you believe to be a fair price. If you feel very strongly about it, please use the "Alert" link at the bottom of the post in question. Your message will be sent to all moderators of the forum.
"I Want to Buy" Forum Rules:
- All Silver and upper level members may post in the "Want to Buy" forum.
- We have an extraordinary record of very few transactions gone wrong for one reason or another. We want to keep it that way; but you must take, as a buyer, certain precautions. Again, get the seller's full name, address and phone number and confirm it is true; a free email box address is commonly a bad sign. If you do your homework as a buyer, that will further increase your chances for a successful buy. Remember that the risk of trading, exchanging, selling, or buying goods and services here is completely your own.
The subject of the transferability of Nikon warranties often arises, especially with regard to U.S. items.Blank warranties do not guarantee that the item has not been registered with Nikon since that process can be done online.
Please refer to the following links at Nikon for Nikon's official information on the subject.
- USA warranty honored in other countries?
- What is "Gray Market"?
- Nikon USA Warranty Policy - Digital Imaging Products
For warranty information in other parts of the world please consult the appropriate Nikon site. For Nikon Europe look here. For other official Nikon sites look here.
REPEAT OF DISCLAIMER
Just to be very clear, none of the Nikonians community, nor the community founders, nor team members are liable in any way for the products purchased, sold, traded or exchanged in any of our forums or by any other means through the platforms we are providing.
Nikonians does not have the means to pursue infractions and suspects of fraud. However, Nikonians collaborates with local, state and federal authorities on these matters.
Learn more about me and the Nikonians team on ourTeam Page.