Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

ADOPTED! Scratched D200 Katz Eye focusing screen

Cookies35 Cookies35

Is from: NL
1992 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2007
Sun 01-Feb-09 04:29 PM | edited Mon 02-Feb-09 03:59 PM by Cookies35
I have a Katz Eye focusing screen, with Opti-Brite, for the D200. Unfortunately it wasn't professionally installed, and hence it has scratches on the periphery. The scratches don't affect image quality at all, since they're on the focusing screen, not the lens or sensor or anything like that. They are, however, clearly visible in the viewfinder. If you draw a big X through the view in the viewfinder, most of the scratches are concentrated in the upper V-shaped quarter, but outside of the center prism area (which is what you'll use for focusing).

Anyway, instead of throwing it away, I thought it might be of use to somebody who really wants to learn manual focusing but can't afford a Katz Eye screen, or somebody who is thinking about getting one but would like to try it out first.

This type of screen is NOT something you pop in and out at will. You install it (or even better, in my opinion, have it installed) and then once it's in it's in. So don't get it just to use it for a couple hours and then want to take it back out. I'd think more about getting it if you want to use it for at a minimum for a couple weeks or more, for it to be worth the time and hassle of putting it in and getting it back out.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know. You pay, via PayPal, for the shipping, and its yours.

— LaDonna

PS: Those of you who've been following the forum and know that I recently purchased this from a fellow Nikonian, don't be upset at all. The seller was a true gentleman, understood the problem, and refunded my entire payment the same day I told him about it! Now that’s what Nikonians is supposed to be about.

G