New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

'Tis the Season, EU!

Cookies35 Cookies35

Is from: NL
1992 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cookies35 Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2007
Fri 09-Dec-11 05:08 PM
Hello EU Nikonians!

The first December after I joined Nikonians there was a gift swap in the WTS forum. I thought it was a great idea, and I still do. Wanna have one here in the EU?

Here's how it works:

• You can have anything I'm offering here. All you have to do is pay me postage costs and I'll send it to you! with the understanding that

• You post something to give away (minimum one item for each item you "take"; sky's the limit in terms of how many items you can list).

• You don't have to "take" anything in order to post. You can just use this thread to clear out old stuff that it would be too much hassle to try to sell. You can always come back and "take" something later if you see something good.

• Somebody else "takes" your stuff, pays you postage, and you send it to them, provided that they post something of their own to give away.

• The limit of how much stuff you can "take" is determined by how much you list, not by whether or not anybody else has taken it yet.

• However, please post stuff that you really, in another phase of your life, given what you now know, would still WANT.

And on she goes. The more stuff posted, the more fun the thread gets!

I started such a thread in the "General" (a.k.a. US) WTS forum even though I'm currently here in the Netherlands, because their WTS forum seems to have more traffic. But of course some stuff isn't cheap enough to post for a gift swap. So I'll start off this thread by listing something that would only make sense to send to somebody here in Europe:

This is a set of Camera Armour (body and lens thingie) for a D40/D40x/D60.
I used it a few years ago to introduce my 9-year-old nephew to dSLR photography. It let me put into his hands what was then a very expensive camera without risking a heart attack as he learned to hold it properly. He's turned 14; I can part with it now. Only been used a couple times.

Click on image to view larger version

I'll find more stuff to post here in the coming week. I sure hope somebody joins in!

— LaDonna

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G