New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 A3+ Printer for sale - £300 - SOLD

Bronte

Is from: Pickering, UK
135 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bronte Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Aug 2006
Thu 17-Jan-13 06:45 PM | edited Tue 02-Apr-13 12:42 PM by Bronte
Hi all. I have just taken delivery of a new A2 photo printer, so my HP B9180 is now for sale. Details are as follows:

Capable of printing up to A3+ size (13x19 inches), on everything from glossy photo paper up to 1.5mm thick Fine Art Papers, boards or Canvas

Takes 8 Vivera pigment ink cartridges, suitable for archival and fine art printing (most of these are near to full at present, so there is about £200 worth of ink on board)

Uses four replaceable print heads (3 of which have just been replaced at a cost of around £100). Print head health is now described as 'good' on all four heads. Overall print count is just over 500 during the five years I have owned the machine, which I bought from new.

This is a serious peice of kit, which is capable of producing stunning results in the right hands. I have recently been using it to produce limited edition prints which have sold quite successfully through local galleries and exhibitions.

So if you have ever fancied doing your own printing, or if you want to set up for selling your own work, this could be a good way to start. Note that HP no longer makes this model, but ink cartridges and print heads are still readily available, as they are also used in other machines.

The nearest equivalent current model from Epson is the R3000, which retails at £550-£600. I am looking for £300 for my HP - which basically just breaks even on the new print heads and ink included. I will also throw in some HP Advanced Photo Paper to get you going.

This is inevitably quite a large and heavy machine, so I am going to suggest that it is only available for collection from Pickering, North Yorkshire. I will investigate the cost/practicality of sending it by courier, but I would rather not go down this route unless absolutely necessary.

Message me if you have any questions, but here is a link to a comprehensive review of the machine: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/HP-B9180.shtml

Bronte
A Nikonian in North Yorkshire

visit my website at www.pcphotographic.co.uk
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G