Help us keep the lights on:
Join this years fundraising campaign and get a limited edition supporter's cap.
Read more about our plans and needs for 2024 and beyond.

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Intending to consolidate on Nikon side coming from m43

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
Fri 15-Nov-19 11:45 AM
With my G81 ((85) I have some good Olympus and Panasonic lenses, 7-14/4.0, 12-40/2.8, 35-100/2.8 (and internally focussing!), 75/1.8. These items are 'sort of' geared for one another but not engineered as a new kit like the Z50 with DX kit lenses.

Before I jump I would like to know more about the 16-50 and the 50-250 (both rather slow). Am I giving up optical quality and noticeably so?

I'm into photography for over 60 years, never as an artist but documentary (archaeology, art & culture history). I used Olympus Pen-F long, long ago, later Nikon FM2 with shift and more, then 12 years ago into retirement with m43 but for birding I switched to D7500, Sigma 100-400 due to m43 low light issues.

TNX for opinions, considerations, pointers (those two Z50 kit lenses). -- Ren

--- NIK ADMIN LOCK BOT v1.00 ---
Post locked 14-Apr-2024 13:35:34 CEST since more than 36 months old
---

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Intending to consolidate on Nikon side coming from

G