Are you on a Basic or Silver membership? Take the full advantage of a Gold membership and use the voucher WildEmotions for a 1/3rd off the regular price. Valid through Sep 30th.

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikon Z 40 mm f/2.0

Holger Holger

Is from: Roeschenz, CH
1432 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Holger Moderator Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography. Nikonian since 30th Dec 2002
Wed 15-Sep-21 12:57 AM
This is the lens I have been waiting for. A long time, that is: small, light, cheap, a travel lens longer than the usual 28-35mm wides, shorter than 50mm, plastic outside, but aspherical on the inside. With Apple presenting the iPhone 13 the same day, the Nikon news just did not get noticed. But to me, this is the one lens that I always missed, the one I will buy the same day it hits the shelf of my favourite shop.

The Z 50 mm f/1.8 may be the best lens in my bag, and I use it a lot. But there are so many times I leave the Z6 at home, just because until yesterday there was no lens like Sonys 35mm pancake, something smaller and lighter. I even ended up testing Leica M - adapter rings, the little Zeiss 35mm Biogon would have been perfect size-wise. But in the end... too expensive, and with no AF.

Now I am looking forward to receiving my sample. Anyone here sharing my passion for this kind of lens on our Nikon Z FX body?

Have a good time!

Holger - Nikonian in Switzerland

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Z 40 mm f/2.0

G