Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Upgrading from Z7

Vlad_IT Vlad_IT

Is from: Brooklyn, US
1484 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011
Wed 14-Oct-20 10:45 AM | edited Wed 14-Oct-20 11:08 AM by Vlad_IT
Hello everyone.

I love my Z7, with few exceptions. One is higher rate of failure in low light focusing for moving object (mostly events, like concerts and dancing floors). low FPS count/low buffer (i shoot RAW exclusively) and as a side note, i have 70-200 Z lens on backorder for 3 months now - hopefully it will be delivered before ski season starts. ( i also have Z7 kit 24-70 as well as 24-70 F/2.8, which is my primary lens now on Z7

For action, wildlife and travel photography i still use D500, as i have plenty of AF-P light lenses, kit lens and few sigmas which works fine for my application, 150-600 S and 100-400 C

With the announcement of Z6II and Z7II, i'd like to put an order for another body and keep my Z7 for studio and fashion shoots.

can't figure out yet which body to order: Z7 II and keep all three body i have, or dump D500 and get Z6 II as everyday camera with Z7 as a backup and for for Hi-Res studio work. And this is what i think i would be most happy with.

last option is just wait and see if Z9 comes to light soon

I would love to hear your opinions, fellow nikonians.

Best regards,
Vlad
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Upgrading from Z7