Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Z7 high ISO AF using 24-70 S lens

DJSmith DJSmith

Is from: US
98 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DJSmith Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2018
Mon 01-Oct-18 12:06 PM | edited Mon 01-Oct-18 12:12 PM by DJSmith
I have a new toy. Actually, it's not toyish at all, feels just like a Nikon should. I used Capture-NXD to make some of the below images web sized and no adjustments except for crops as explained below. CNXD is a dog, not even my secondary raw processor. I still don't like it and that is all I will say about that. I got so frustrated with CNXD that I tried LR. To my surprise, LR CC Classic works with the raw files from the Z7 with no hacks. It reads the distortion profile, sharpening, noise reduction and some basic panel stuff. Doesn't have any of the picture control stuff yet.

First test. I guess it is written somewhere to test your new camera with a cat, and a moon. Well, here is a cat.

24-70 @ 70, F4, 1/60, "ISO 25,600". The Z7 is mostly at default mode, which means auto picture control. VR: IBIS.

Click on image to view larger version

50% crop using CNXD

100% crop using CNDX

100% crop using LR, no adjustments; just what LR found in the files as noted above.

As you can see, LR is a little lighter than CNXD. Note the noise correction made by the camera is picked up by LR and looks pretty darn close to CNXD.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
Dennis in Colorado
Photography: 100% technical, 100% art. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

Comments and critiques always welcome on any photo I post.

G