Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Shutter Release Issue on Nikon Z6 ii In Low Light

andyincolorado andyincolorado

Is from: Louisville, US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
andyincolorado Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Apr 2006
Mon 27-Sep-21 01:33 PM | edited Mon 27-Sep-21 01:34 PM by andyincolorado
I have an intermittent problem with my Nikon Z6 ii. In low light situations after using back button focus to lock/confirm focus, the shutter will not release while either using a cable release OR the shutter release button. I have had this occur with all my lenses (kit lens S 24-70mm f4, 70-200mm f4 (f mount), 16-35mm f4 f mount). This happened during a workshop outside at sunset toward the end of the shoot (camera was on a tripod)when the light got very low and I was unable to take the last few shots (focus did lock and confirmed). Not knowing for sure if the autofocus (single point, AF-S) had anything to do with this, but the instructor suggested for the next sunset to try using manual focus should this happen again. The next evening, everything worked (using auto focus and the shutter did release) even in the same low light so I'm not sure what causes this. It has happened before when I was trying to shoot an interior with low light.
I did notice that when I tried to get the shutter to release that the top display kept showing the same 'buffer count' message (R24)when I pressed the shutter button, although I am only shooting single shots.
IF I KEEP the back button focus pressed, the shutter WILL release when this issue comes up (not good if you want to use a cable release in low light to keep the camera from moving).

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G