Are you on a Basic or Silver membership? Take the full advantage of a Gold membership and use the voucher WildEmotions for a 1/3rd off the regular price. Valid through Sep 30th.

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Leopard at iso 16,000

NElwood NElwood

Is from: Winter Springs, US
49 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NElwood Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2014
Wed 15-Sep-21 04:32 AM
I just got back from Kenya, with my Nikon Z7II on its first trip, along with my D500. In Brazil I had my D850 and had pushed it up to iso 10,000 with good results, so I decided to test out the Z7II, which is suppose to have the same sensor. This leopard, in Samburu National Park, decided to move from its sleeping tree to its tree with its kill only after the light was very low. So I decided I either push up the iso or not take the shot. To get any kind of shutter speed while it was walking, 1/200, I had to go to iso 16,000, f/5.6, using the Nikon 300 f/4 PF lens. I did use Topaz Denoise and did what I always do which expose to the right. Not too bad I think.

Take care
Nancy Elwood
www.naturesportal.net
Workshops both locally and Abroad

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

G