Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5
nzyme nzyme

Is from: Pauanui, NZ
143 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nzyme Registered since 27th May 2010
Mon 30-Aug-21 06:10 PM
Hi All,

I have a Z6 and love it. One thing I don't like so much is the AF performance when doing action photography. When the camera locks on to aircraft, the images are spot on - you can see every rivet. Often that is not the case. For most other photography the camera is superb.

The Z6II (with firmware upgrades) seems to have addressed some the AF weaknesses. My question is around the expected firmware update rumored for September. Is the rumored 'real time' focusing going the be a game changer? I believe the 'real time' AF will be a simplified version of the 'real time' AF expected in the coming Z9. I can certainly see 'real time' AF being a game changer for wedding photography etc. but I am hoping it will improve action photography - aircraft in my case.

I am looking to sell my D500 and Z6, and go forward with the D850 and Z6II.

Thanks,

Paul

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G