Video from our webinar on Sports & Lighting with Dave Black ===> now available

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Z50 Learning Curve Update

jimray jimray

Is from: Springfield, US
2540 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jimray Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Jul 2009
Fri 21-May-21 06:27 PM
I think I'm getting close to understanding the Z autofocus system, but I'm not close to mastering it. After three days of shooting and good advice from Nikonians, I've found settings that result in some crisp shots of moving things. The keeper rate is still low, but I'm now getting some fairly sharp images with these settings:
Wide area AF (S)
Focus Mode AF-C
Metering (center weighted).
Aperture, wide open,
Shutter 1000 or faster.
These shots of crows chasing another crow (lots of loud cawing) impressed me because they were grab shots and the birds weren't very close. The other image is a towhee that took off faster than I can move.
These aren't great images, but they tell me I'm getting closer. Thanks Nikonians for all the help.

Jim
Z50, Nikkor 50-250, details in EXIF

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

G