Improve your photography workflow with accomplished photographer and Adobe Pro, Julieanne Kost in our webinar 18-MAY-2021, 7:00 PM EDT ===> Registration & More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Swallows in Flight

Grandpaparazi Grandpaparazi

Is from: South Texas, US
540 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Grandpaparazi Platinum Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2018
Tue 04-May-21 08:52 PM
There was a recent post regarding rumors of slow focus speed with the 500mm PF on a Z-mount camera using the FTZ adapter. I bought the lens for my D850, and admittedly have been hesitant to use my Z 6 for BIF as I'm still early on the BIF learning curve. Today the Barn Swallows were out in my neighborhood, and I had a go. These little guys are notoriously fast with unpredictable flight paths. My Z 6 locked on them using spot focus, and would not let go. Blame any remaining shortcomings on the photographer and not the equipment.

This result gets me closer to going all in with the Z cameras.

By the way, I know the last photo is not a swallow. A female Great-Tailed Grackle swooped in and I was pleased with that shot as well. She is much easier to photograph .

Kevin
Click on image to view larger version

"To photograph; it is to put on the same line of sight the head, the eye, and the heart." Henri Cartier-Bresson

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
See my portfolio.

G