Are you on a Basic or Silver membership? Take the full advantage of a Gold membership and use the voucher SpringG21 for a 1/3rd off the regular price. Valid through May 10th.

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Lens Profile - Optional on Z II Bodies

mealsop mealsop

Is from: Norton, US
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mealsop Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2017
Mon 03-May-21 08:38 PM
It seems I missed a major change going from Z6 / Z7 to the Z6II / Z7II.

Sometimes I need to have the image "unaltered" out of the camera for some project. For this I've been using RawDigger to convert the NEF to TIFF before opening the files in Photoshop.

Today I discovered that all Nikkor Z S lenses can have their lens profile turned off in ACR if they were shot with a Z II camera body. I tested 4 S zooms and 5 S primes on a Z7II, Z6II and Z6.

With the latest firmware the images shot with the Z6 are still blocked, that is, the lens profile cannot be tuned off in ACR. I assume this will be the same for the Z7.

This change will save me a lot of work. Getting the exposure right on RawDigger TIFF files once they have been moved to Photoshop has not been a trivial matter for me.

I suppose I'm the only one who missed that change but decided to post this just in case there are others like me.

Mark

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lens Profile - Optional on Z II Bodies

G