Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Your opinion on display options for backscreen and EVF

cug cug

Is from: Sunnyvale, US
161 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cug Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jan 2019
Tue 30-Mar-21 09:00 PM
Hi All,

I'm curious what you guys think about the options Nikon gives us regarding the backscreen/EVF information.

On the Z6 there are:

- Indicators on
- Simplified display
- Histogram
- Flash info
- Information display
- Virtual horizon

The thing is, personally, I'm missing a "no information" option, although I can generally live with the simplified view for this, especially in the EVF, on the backscreen I miss a super clean option more.

What I'd love though is an option to have the "simplified data" in the EVF show OUTSIDE of the actual image, basically a smaller image with the information displayed on a frame around it. This would make it better to guage the actual framing, as well as pull the image in just a little bit more for glass wearers who have trouble seeing the corners of the EVF. I can smash my glasses into the EVF rubber, but that's just not very comfortable and the magnification is big enough that I can live with a slightly smaller image view (as an option).

The other complaint I have is that there is no way to have a virtual horizon AND a histogram show at the same time. A mode I'd really want to have whenever I do landscape photography on a tripod. Sadly, at least Canon makes this stuff rather easy since you can turn on/off individual information pieces in the EVF and the screen.

Oh, and is there a good way to get this feedback to Nikon? I think this is really something where user feedback beyond a set of die hard Nikon beta users would be helpful. Or a look to other manufacturers like Fuji and Canon which offer configuration options for the EVF and backscreen.

How do you use these and do you miss stuff?
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Your opinion on display options for backscreen and