Are you on a Basic or Silver membership? Take the full advantage of a Gold membership and use the voucher SpringG21 for a 1/3rd off the regular price. Valid through May 10th.

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Z6 Monitor Malfunction Puzzle

ctnorm7 ctnorm7

Is from: Shelton, US
1634 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ctnorm7 Gold Member Ribbon awarded for his generous contribution to the 2019 Fundraising campaign Nikonian since 23rd Jun 2016
Sun 28-Feb-21 04:28 AM
Hi Fellow Nikonians,
Here’s the story: in the past few weeks my Z6 while performing flawlessly in taking images has twice had monitor failure. In both cases despite having the camera on the switch viewfinder to monitor setting (& the settings on the side button & menu were correct & I have the up-to-date firmware) the monitor would only display the I-menu...this was also the case when I switched to “monitor only”—no live view image appeared. The first time this happened the situation righted itself on its own (as I reported in this forum a while ago) after about an hour, but in the second instance the other day I had to reset everything to the camera defaults to get things working again. I was using the camera indoors so I don’t think cold weather would be an issue. I also removed the rubber eyepiece each time & cleaned the sensor (I use the Hoodman replacement )—the original eyepiece for whatever reason started to get brittle). I have scoured Nikon USA & not found a reason for these issues. & have not seen a `for sure’ resolution in this forum.I’m not a professional so don’t have access to NPS.

Is there a `for sure’ solution to this puzzle?
Thanks,
Norm

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G