Our new Virtual Exhibition, featuring all of the finalists and the winners of the Best of Nikonians 2020 Annual Photo Contest is now available for you to enjoy >>> more

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Z6 Monitor Frozen-My Fix-Others with problem?

ctnorm7 ctnorm7

Is from: Shelton, US
1597 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ctnorm7 Gold Member Ribbon awarded for his generous contribution to the 2019 Fundraising campaign Nikonian since 23rd Jun 2016
Sun 14-Feb-21 07:26 AM | edited Sun 14-Feb-21 07:26 AM by ctnorm7
Hi, Perhaps others have had this problem...The other day my Z6 monitor would only show the i-menu. This was true whether the button on the side of the viewfinder was on `monitor only’ or ‘switch between monitor & viewfinder’ & the Limit Monitor settings on the Set-up page had the correct checks in the boxes.I tried turning the camera off & on & putting in a new battery...but the i-menu was the only thing that showed on the monitor screen. What to do?...I removed the rubber eyepiece (I have the Hoodman replacement) from the viewfinder and thoroughly cleaned the sensor with a lens cloth & a blower...and whaddaya know!...it worked & I can use the monitor to shoot now. ...Anybody else have this issue?
...Perhaps I’m overlooking a simpler fix<it wouldn’t be the first time <g>>
Thanks,
Norm

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Z6 Monitor Frozen-My Fix-Others with problem?

G