Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Potrait Shoot with Z6 ii and Z 85mm f/1.8

PBlais PBlais

Is from: Hayes, US
3396 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PBlais Team Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2017 Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the 2017-2018 fundraising campaign Nikonian since 19th Jan 2014
Wed 20-Jan-21 02:42 PM
I do work for free for the local Yacht Club. I take pictures of the members (am one too) for the Annual Directory plus I shoot the outgoing Commodore for the wall and one with spouse for themselves. I shoot boat races too but none with the Z yet.

I was using a black backdrop and a TTL remote soft box. I will say the camera caught an eye EVERYTIME - even my bad ones were in focus. I had some reflective ambient issues to deal with too. I was shooting at F4 and with some adjustments to ISO but nothing at all high. The Back Button focus always grabbed an eye. That was all the focus concerns - all shots perfect. Some were not the look I wanted but no out of focus shots.

I have seen good reviews of the Z 85mm f/1.8 and I would say YES this is a go to lens and it isn't totally out of sight on price.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
See my portfolio.

G