Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Tilt-Shift Options

mealsop mealsop

Is from: Norton, US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mealsop Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2017
Wed 18-Nov-20 02:56 PM
In many situations I like my vertical lines parallel with each other and with the edge of the frame. Without a medium format bellows lens or a tilt-shift lens there are only two ways to achieve this: Use the perspective correction tool in Photoshop or use a wider-angle lens and crop a lot of image area off the bottom (or buy a pair of anti-gravity boots).

The Photoshop tool is actually quite good, especially if there is not a lot of parallax across the image. It does a good job of preserving image detail. Still, it would be better if the image did not need to be stretched/compressed for parallax.

I've owned but never been overly impressed with the tilt-shift lenses from Canon, Nikon and Schneider Kreuznach. Now that I'm shooting with a Z7 I've been pondering the subject of tilt-shift lenses again.

A couple of months ago I purchased a Fotodiox Pro 35mm extension tube for the Z-Mount bodies. It is an impressive piece of equipment. While looking through their products for another extension tube I noticed they also make various tilt-shift adapters for the Z bodies that will mount medium format lenses!

They have tilt-shift adapters for Mamiya 645, Pentax 6x7, Pentax 645 and Hasselblad V lenses.

My thought is to purchase a used medium format lens and mount it to the Z body via one of the Fotodiox tilt-shift adapters.

That leaves me with two question for you folks…

1) Has anyone tried this, is it a good idea?
2) How do I go about finding an optically good medium format lens?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tilt-Shift Options