Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5
Vlad_IT Vlad_IT

Is from: Brooklyn, US
1486 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011
Mon 16-Nov-20 02:34 PM | edited Mon 16-Nov-20 03:47 PM by Vlad_IT
Just open my new Z6ii last night ( literally after midnight) my main concern was Low light AF ability, as Z7 failed me many times in the clubs and dance floor events. It became a bit better after Nikon upgrade FW and using proper settings, but still was hit or miss for focusing on moving subjects in low light.

Last night was quite cloudy and I would say pitched dark from the upper floor I did the test. iPhone 12 in video mode could not recognize much details. (Purposely didn’t use photo mode, as iPhone 12 is much better now for low light shooting with stacking images)
First image as it looked on my iPhone and pretty much as it looked to me.
The second image is from Z6ii, the only place I could make it to focus its dark shape antennas on the slightly lighter skies. It was slow hunting, but z6ii locked it from the first trial. I was impressed. ( second image)

It’s definitely not a real life test, but a very promising observation

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Best regards,
Vlad

G