Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

We have a short wrap-up on the image quality of the Nikon D850 which might interest you. Read more.

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Convert sunset off calif coast to over Arctic Ocean

LVF LVF

Is from: Carlsborg, US
266 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
LVF Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2017
Fri 20-Oct-17 08:15 PM

I took this photo of a sunset off the California coast with a Nikon D200 camera:

Click on image to view larger version

I set out to convert the location of this sunset to the Arctic Ocean. I needed to convert the rocks to ice bergs, the sunset to a northern green glow and chill the waters.

I used photoshop CS6 to change the mode of the Nef RGB file to the Lab mode. I inverted and equalized the L, a, and b channels, made 18 adjustment layers, 14 selections and jumped the selections to new layers. Did some brightness/contrast and hue/saturation adjustments, and used a photo filter to cool the water.

Here is the results of the conversion:

Click on image to view larger version

This is lots of Nef file changes.

I missed one sea gull; he, or she, still looks like part of an ice berg. Can you find him? Clue, look for the two legs.

Leon

Visit my Gallery

Visit

Enjoy photography with my Nikon D500 camera and have fun with Photoshop CS6
Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

G