Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Replacing a 70-300mm lens for Nikon in Australia

kathiemt kathiemt

Is from: Selby, AU
224 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kathiemt Registered since 26th Nov 2012
Mon 27-Apr-15 02:34 AM
I've broken my favourite lens Accident, I tripped over in the garden, had the camera around my neck but fell forward and landed on my elbow and the lens. Ouch! It is a Nikkor AF 70-300mm 4-5.6G

Currently shopping for a new one. They’ve come down a lot in price. I paid $AUD968.00 in January 2010 for it and it was a grey import. Now I’m finding I can get the same one here in Australia for around the $AUD300 mark. I note I can get an AF-S for $AUD799.95 at Ted’s.

I’m just weighing up what to do. Whether to get the same one again, upgrade a bit or buy the same and get some filters and other things with the balance. Thankfully it’s been covered by insurance and the company will be putting the money in my account by the end of the week. I’m really missing my 300mm. Went on a bird photoshoot on the weekend and the 200mm just doesn’t make the distance.

Do you have any wise words of wisdom for me in regards to getting another lens? I’ve discovered I can get an ex-demo AF-S 70-300mm at a really good price. Or should I see if I can get a Sigma or Tamron (is that sacrilege?) 400mm somewhere? Not sure of their pricing. It’s getting so I want to reach further and further and…

Kathie M. Thomas
Nikon D7100 & D7000, 35mm, 60mm, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 70-300mm and...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kathiesphotos
Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Nikon-Lovers/
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G