Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

You have probably noticed it; we are advertising free and independent. You can support the Nikonians Community through a paid membership and through the fundraising. Big thanks to all of you who are helping out!

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Lenscoat Hoodie X-Small soft neoprene lens cap

drmarkf drmarkf

Is from: Cambridge, UK
80 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
drmarkf Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jun 2009
Sun 02-Sep-12 05:19 PM

Dear all,

Here's a Lenscoat Hoodie X-Small soft neoprene lens cap - it fits 2.75" - 3.25" outside diameter lenses (that's 70-82mm). It is recommended by Ken Rockwell for the Sigma 8-16mm DX super wide-angle zoom, and it certainly makes the lens easier to handle in the field (it has a very highly curved front element).
See http://www.kenrockwell.com/sigma/8-16mm.htm (but Ken's pricing is wrong for the UK!)

£21.00 via PayPal including RMSD to the UK.

I bought it from Cameta Camera in August 2011, but it's had virtually no use and has remained on the front of the Sigma most of the time. It looks a bit dusty in the photos below, but it's in absolutely mint condition.

This is for sale because I'm getting back trouble, and I'm lightening my wide-angle and normal zoom kit by a move to micro4/3 (but keeping my beloved D300 and tele Nikkors!). I'm also selling a Sigma 8-16mm, and my 16-85mm Nikkor (see the other adverts).

I'm happy to discuss sales to the EU by PM - in principle these would be at actual additional postage & insurance cost.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Regards,
Mark

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G