Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5
elec164 elec164

Is from: US
4989 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
elec164 Silver Member Ribbon awarded because of his contribution to the community in addition to his expertise  Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Thu 14-Oct-21 09:16 AM | edited Thu 14-Oct-21 09:19 AM by elec164
Some time ago I created an image to show a point about histograms. Due to my participation in a recent thread I took a look at the image and noticed a curiosity

Now I know it was compressed to a JPEG so I didn't expect it to be true to the original, but expected it to be close.

I'm not totally sure if it was created with PSCS6 (perpetual license) or Affinity Photo, but that shouldn't matter.

What I do find curious is that opening that JPEG in Affinity Photo does show around what I expected. On the other hand DxO PhotoLab4 shows something quite unexpected.

Here's screen shot showing the curiosity.

Click on image to view larger version

Sampling the lower left right (sorry I do this all the time, at least I'm consistent ) rectangle (the magenta looking one) I would expect to see the red and blue channel at around 200 and the green at 0 (that's how it was created). Now Affinity Photo shows about that but DxO sampling is way off. Originally I thought it was that DxO does for some reason by default turn on some adjustments (like Smart Lighting) even when opening a JPEG. But I went through all the adjustments and I believe I turned all the adjustments off.

I haven't contemplated a lot about it yet, but thought I'd ask here to see what others may think is going on.
Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any Ideas

G