New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Video creation and processing

fivesense fivesense

Is from: Boise, US
1925 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
fivesense Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2013
Tue 01-Sep-20 08:42 PM
My very limited video creation to this point has consisted of me using stills and video from my D750, Fuji X-T4, and Mavic Pro 2, processed in Lightroom and exported to Magisto.

For my needs, this process has been sufficient.

But as some of you may have read, I did a recent project for my company (I'm our "imagery" guy because I love doing it, and it saves us money). But I'm also a perfectionist and am now "forcing" myself to get better at video (stills, too, but I have a much better handle on that).

My previous formula somehow broke down (by my standards). Magisto was not able to process all of my images in HD, which I don't understand. The resulting video was good to great for most of the viewers, but I noticed quite a downsampling of image quality that I've not previously seen in my video montages.

Perhaps it was due to my internet connection (usually good but maybe something interrupted somewhere in the chain)? I can't imagine it was the images themselves; my gear is current enough and my Lightroom Classic is updated.

Long story short, how can I get better at curating my images and video? Do I jump to Adobe Premiere Pro? Is Final Cut sufficient? I work on a current model MacBook Pro.

I know there's lots of ambiguity, so I'll try to answer any questions succinctly.

Thank you.

Doug
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G