New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Why sharpen for screen on export from Lr?

shipsupt shipsupt

Is from: San Francisco Bay Area, US
1752 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
shipsupt Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Registered since 27th Dec 2006
Fri 23-Jun-17 11:26 AM
While I can completely understand why you would want/need to sharpen a photo for printing when exporting, I am not clear on why you need to add sharpening for displaying on a screen.

The processed picture I'm viewing in Lr has been adjusted for the amount of sharpening I want to see. Why does that need to be changed when the photo is exported? Why would the rendering be different than what I am working on?

I struggle with the lack of control over this step, but I have found that I prefer to add standard sharpening for screen display when I export.

Can someone give me the technical details of why we need to do this?

Thanks,
Chris
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why sharpen for screen on export from Lr?

G