New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Capture One Pro vs LR 6

Lighter Lighter

Is from: Calcutta, IN
2244 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Lighter Registered since 16th Feb 2012
Thu 10-Mar-16 08:21 AM | edited Thu 10-Mar-16 08:32 AM by Lighter
Hello friends and fellow photographers

I have been using LR for some time and at present it is LR6. Recently I have been reading about capture one pro 9 and I found quite a few photographers are revving about this and claiming it to be superior while working with proprietary RAW files like NEF. It is being said that C1 treats the RAW files much better than LR6 and also the output is better. So I am bit confused now and thinking whether I should make a switch. I have downloaded the trial version of C1 but frankly found it very different from LR6 (naturally) and the UI bit non-user friendly. My workflow includes Ps and I am rather "minimalist" when it comes to PP. Primarily my works are for agencies and to be displayed online.

So I would request you to comment and advise on the following:

1. Is it worth switching to C1 from LR6?

2. I have been converting my files to DNG from NEF(I know that C1 does not handle Adobe DNG files that well, so even if I switch to C1 I shall start with my new photos)while importing using LR. So I actually edit the DNG files instead of NEF. Is it a right decision or should I continue to work with NEF files even if I continue with LR in future?

I know that these issues might have been discussed a number of times on web (or here), but I would like to know the views of my esteemed fellow members before taking a final decision.

Thank you.

http://500px.com/sriroyc
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sroyc/
My gear: Z9, D7200, D90, AF-S 14-30 f/4 S VR, AF-S 200-500 f/5.6E ED VR, AF-S 300mm f/4, AF-S 18-55mm VR, AF-D 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Macro, Speedlite SB600, Zomei Z888C legs

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Capture One Pro vs LR 6