Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

have some questions -photoshop w/coolscan 4000

robertadeniro

Is from: IL
613 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
robertadeniro Basic Member
Thu 11-Apr-02 01:18 PM
questions are as follows:

1-when using nikon scan and i stop the scan or preview- the plugin goes away and i have to go through the file menu from photoshop to get it going again...any way around having it stay unless i press the close box (the "x")
2-photoshop has 8 and 16 bit color mode . so what's the point of scanning in 14 bit mode if it doesn't let me edit unless i convert it to 8 towork on the picture?
3-how can i emulate a cross printing E-6 negatives in C-41 ?
4-any know-how on making a good'ol B&W pic look infrared or is it just old fashioned magic wand and eye adjust?

last question, that is not in the subject of this post but can anyone tell what's the difference between adobe's premire and after effects?
i was asked to get some info for a wedding videographer that wants to go DV and ditch his SVHS. he'll be getting the pinnacle dv500. he gets the premiere with it, but heard so much rave that the after effects is the top of the line. i don't know video, so i that my fellow nikonians would....i hope?
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage.asp?Product_ID=18&Langue_ID=7

thanks again nikonians!

WAKE UP NIKON!

G