Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Adobe Photoshop 2022 Edition by Conrad Chavez et al

Obregon Obregon

Is from: Southold, US
3066 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Obregon Moderator Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level of skill in several areas.  Charter Member
Mon 07-Mar-22 01:37 PM
Adobe Photoshop 2022 Edition: Classroom in a Book by Conrad Chavez & Andrew Faulkner

I asked my friend Scott, a fine-arts painter, what recent technological development most affected his works. I expected that he would say acrylic paints, but instead he claimed Photoshop. It allowed him to test his designs before committing to canvas.

Even though Photoshop is included in the same subscription package as Lightroom, and most beginning photographers would be better off learning Lightroom first, (and you might think graphic artists would use In Design), there are still some things that are most easily done in Photoshop, thanks to its selection and layers functions.

This is not a review of Photoshop. Instead it discusses an important way to learn to use Photoshop, a program that never knew the meaning of intuitive. Trying to learn Photoshop without help is foolish when Adobe has presented us with an excellent teaching vehicle. A photographer can download a series of files from the publisher’s website and then receive step-by-step instruction on how to convert a downloaded digital image into a better image by adjustments in tonality and color, among other things. (Graphic artists can also benefit from these lessons, although as a photographer, I can only speak to them in more general terms.)

What makes this book even better is the companion website, access to which comes with the price of the paper copy. The web version mirrors the printed text, but also includes short quizzes and videos that demonstrate the same text. Photoshop has a crowded interface, so seeing a video makes it easier to see what button is being pressed. For me the best part of the web version is that I don’t have to juggle a book while working on my computer, but just switch back and forth between on-online text and Photoshop.

There is one annoying aspect of using the videos. My aged eyes made me maximize the videos to full screen. When I minimized the first video I was returned to the top of the page. However, when there were more videos lower on the page, and I had maximized one of these, I was returned to the top of the page when I minimized the later video. I had to scroll down to return to the point from which I had maximized.

I checked out the 2022 edition against the 2021 edition and there were very few significant changes in the text resulting from changes to Photoshop. Experienced users may find it more economical to use the Help/What’s New tab in Photoshop to keep up with the latest changes.

Learning Photoshop isn’t easy. This book does a good job of introducing new users to the software.

G