Learn more about the Nikon Z9 in this webinar with NPS Tech Rep Mark Cruz from Nikon >>> See the video

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Beware of Amazon Shipping

snegron snegron

Is from: Cape Coral, Florida, US
2015 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007
Wed 03-Nov-21 03:26 PM
I just purchased a lens from Amazon because it was on sale and they offered the "pay in 5 installments" option. The lens was Sold and Shipped by Amazon, not a 3rd party vendor.

Amazon shipped my lens in a flimsy, plastic bag!!!! When I opened the bag I noticed the bottom corners of the box were smashed as if this package had been tossed around carelessly. The only protection that lens had was the interior Styrofoam holding the lens in its little box.

I honestly don't understand why Amazon does this. I think they loose more money from returns due to delicate electronic merchandise arriving in non working condition due to poor packaging than spending a few cents more on cardboard boxes when it come to shipping lenses, cameras, or other delicate electronics.

p.s. Please don't judge me by the name brand that's on the box. It was on sale and I needed it!

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Beware of Amazon Shipping