Learn the Nikon Z9 while asking lots of questions! Join our webinar with featured guest, NPS Tech Rep Mark Cruz from Nikon Canada December 1st, 7PM EST >>> More information

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Buying direct from Nikon USA ... Very painful!

Bluedogs Bluedogs

Is from: South Beach, US
247 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bluedogs Registered since 25th Aug 2015
Tue 22-Aug-17 06:57 PM
Well Nikon had a refurbished sale and I picked up a D500 Saturday. Noting their web page "says" free 3-5 day shipping. I did not notice any other shipping option but felt 5 business days would at least get my camera delivered by This Friday. After placing the order I get an email saying my order is received and being processed and I will receive a tracking number once shipped.
Well Monday ... no tracking so I call late in the day and am told by the rep it's still being processed but should ship very shortly and I will get an automated email with tracking info. Well today still no email ... call again ... still being processed and it will ship "shortly". So I ask the rep is it coming 3 day or something? Reply ... no UPS ground from Ohio .... I'm in Oregon sir how will I get it in 3-5 days being it hasn't even shipped yet? ... well sirbthe 3-5 days is after your order is processed. Well then it's not 3-5 day delivery? No sir, it can take 2-4 days to process your order befor shipping .... wow really? OK then I would like to upgrade to second day air ...... well sir you can't, no one after the order is placed can change the order, you should have chosen that at checkout .... I would have if I had known it wasn't 3-5 days as you advertise .... that's after processing .... how am I supposed to know that .... read the fine print in out terms of use .... so I ask to see if a supervisor could talk with me to see if it can be expedited .... she get on the line and gives me the same speech above .... so I say OK cancel the order I'll get it someplace else .... sorry sir we can't, any order must be canceled witching 30 minutes of placing the order ....
Wow, Nikon really needs someone to come in and clean house and teach them what customer service is and that when you place an order saying 3-5 day shipping that doesn't mean 7-10. I was informed that even the second day air option DOES NOT expedite the order processing that can still take 2-4 days ... why in today's world does it take 2-4 days to process an order fir shipping? I checked my credit card ... yup charged Saturday .... I just not checked the status of my order ... STILL PROCESSING! If you have any other options Do not order from Nikon USA they could care less about your needs and have no clue how to take care of a customer ... I truly had no clue in today's world orders could take 4 days to process .... and yes it is verified in stock. NEVER AGAIN! Lesson learned.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buying direct from Nikon USA ... Very painful!

G