Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikon 55mm f/2.8 AF Micro

HenryMinnelli HenryMinnelli

Is from: Brasília, BR
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
HenryMinnelli Registered since 13th Nov 2019
Wed 23-Jun-21 04:36 AM
Hi,

I recently purchased a copy of the AF version of the 55mm f/2.8 Micro Nikkor that is clean but has a one-off problem: It is missing the focus ring. Its focus ring is one of those very thin ones from the first autofocus lenses, released in the 80s. I would like to be able to find this part to buy it and replace it with my lens, but this has not been an easy task.

Can anyone recommend lens part retailers who might have a focus ring in stock? It doesn't matter where it is located, whether in the US, Japan or Europe. I just need it to sell online and ship abroad if the store is not located in the United States. Another question: Can anyone tell me if it is possible to improvise something in place of the focus ring in case this replacement part cannot be found?

I found on Ebay some ads for rubbers to be used in place of the focus ring as a replacement, but the two sellers I contacted believe that they would not fit. They are 10mm high and the original focus ring is approximately 5mm high. The truth is that I do not know if it can be focused manually without the focus ring.

Thanks since now.

G