New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

For Sale: Nikon Zoom Telephoto AF VR Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm

sgandy sgandy

Is from: Dillon, US
159 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sgandy Registered since 24th Aug 2007
Tue 23-Dec-08 09:51 AM | edited Tue 23-Dec-08 03:11 PM by sgandy
Nikon Zoom Telephoto AF VR Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED Autofocus Lens (Vibration Reduction)

Description lifted from B&H:
Nikon's new 80-400mm high-power zoom lens features an innovative Vibration Reduction (VR) system that allows handheld super-telephoto zoom shooting in poorly lit conditions. The VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 3 stops (8 times) faster. The lens offers a natural viewfinder image even during VR operation and also detects automatically when the photographer pans. It is ideal for candid, portrait, sports photography and more.
Key Features

• Vibration Reduction (VR) minimizes image blur caused by camera shake (cancelable).
Two VR modes available:
1) Vibration Reduction for both the viewfinder image and the image on film. Moderate VR operation is executed to ensure viewing comfort for the viewfinder image.
2) VR for the image on the film only (conserves battery power).
Compatible with Nikon's F5, F100, N80, N65, D70, D100, D1 & D2-series (or newer) cameras.
• New optical design incorporates three ED glass elements for superior optical performance throughout the entire zoom range
• Built-in A/M switch enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus (Lock mechanism provided)
• Focus range limiter for smooth focus operation
• Detachable tripod mounting foot provided
• Filter attachment does not rotate during focusing or zooming.

Link to Info:
http://nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Camera-Lenses/1996/AF-VR-Zoom-NIKKOR-80-400mm-f%252F4.5-5.6D-ED.html

My description:
This is a nearly perfect lens. Optically and mechanically perfect. I note one small wear mark near the focus limit button. It comes with all the original packing materials and case, caps, etc. I am selling some equipment that is not used often to create capital for my new D3X. Price new is $1299 USD at B & H.

My price: $950 plus your choice of shipping and insurance options.

Message me and I'll send phone numbers so we can chat.

Photos of this lens are here:
http://stevegandy.com/photography/posted/nikon80400/index.html

--
Steve Gandy
www.stevegandy.com/photography
My Nikonian Gallery
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: For Sale: Nikon Zoom Telephoto AF VR Zoom Nikkor 80...
Reply message SOLD
Reply message RE: SOLD

G