Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

As a Platinum or Gold member you can have your best work being showcased at Nikonians at high resolution to make it look great under an easy to remember Internet address with contact possibility.
 There is no limit to the number of images you can store in your portfolio, but we recommend that you include your very best work only. Your portfolio cover image is also included on the Nikonians homepage, gallery homepage and the portfolio index page.   >>> Learn how to set up your own portfolio

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

FOR SALE: D3, Nikon 24mm PC-E, 105mm VR Micro, 85mm 1.4, R1C1, SB900

Sun 02-Nov-08 11:27 PM | edited Mon 03-Nov-08 11:43 PM by joncook

Hi All,

Well, I’m selling all of my Nikon equipment. For those that care to know why, read on. For those that don’t, just skip down below this paragraph to were it says "FOR SALE" to see the details of the sale. Basically, I’ve decided to switch over to Canon--I know, I know it's heresy. It’s something I’ve been considering for awhile now and there are definite pros (lightweight f/4 lenses and the 85 f/1.2 among other reasons) and cons (poor flash system, less than ideal camera ergonomics) to my decision. However, for my work I’ve decided that Canon will provide the best “tools” for the job and although I’ve always been a Nikon man I’m putting aside the emotional part of this decision to. Honestly, the biggest thing I’ll miss is the Nikonians community. I’ve never contributed much to discussion here but I’ve sold many Nikon items in the past few years to other loyal Nikonians and it’s been a pleasure working with every one of you. In my opinion, the Nikonians community is THE best web-community of camera users that I’ve come across. The level of knowledge, experience, and friendliness of Nikonians members is unique in my experience--I also spend time over at DPReview and find most of the conversations on that site to range from annoying to just plain hostile and rude. I will miss Nikonians but who knows what the future holds—I may return to the world of Nikon again.

My reputation on Nikonians: I’ve sold a 200-400mm f/4 Nikkor, D300, and several other nice lenses to satisfied Nikonians in the past. Please look at feedback left for me so that you can buy with confidence.

FOR SALE:

SOLD!!! Nikon D3 with ALL of the following: Really Right Stuff L-Bracket, Thom Hogan D3 Book/CD (I’ll remove my copy per Thom’s rules), Nikon SC-29 flash cord, Nikon 77mm Circular Polarizer II, and two extra batteries (1 EN-EL4a and 1 EN-EL4) $3300.00 w/PayPal and free shipping: Comes with original box, warranty information, and accessories (battery, charger, cords, etc). Camera is in excellent shape and has approximately 14500 actuations on it. It was purchased in 11/07 and I am the original owner. It has never been used in adverse conditions and was used primarily for wedding and portrait sessions. Also, because I am an honest seller I want to fully disclose the condition of the camera. Three days ago (on 10/30/08) when I was shooting the Obama Rally in Columbia, Missouri I noticed that the metering button is not turning as easily as it should. It is still possible to switch between all three metering modes (matrix, center, spot) and indeed all three modes work perfectly as they should but the button turns very slowly and not as smoothly as it should. The camera has NEVER been dropped, banged, or dinged so I’m not sure what the problem is. I’m guessing that the lubrication around this button may have dried out and can be fixed relatively cheaply. Because I don’t want to take the time to send it in, wait and then sell it so I’ve decided to offer it here first. I have adjusted my asking price accordingly (I was going to ask $3700 for this camera and accessories before). Again, the camera itself works perfectly fine in every way--the button is just difficult to turn.

SOLD!!! Nikon 24 mm f/3.5 PC-E lens $1550.00 w/PayPal and free shipping: Comes with original box, warranty, lens covers. I’m really going to miss this great lens (which is incredibly hard to find). It’s in absolutely flawless shape and has had a Nikon 77mm NC filter on it since the day I received it from Roberts Camera. I’ll include the filter for free as well.

SOLD!!! Nikon 105mm f/2.8 Micro VR AF-S lens $600.00 w/Paypal and free shipping: Comes with original box, warranty, lens covers. Flawless shape and includes 62mm NC filter on it, also since the day I purchased it from B & H. Filter included in price.

SOLD!!! Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AF D lens $775.00 w/Paypal and free shipping: Comes with original box, warranty, lens covers. Flawless shape and includes 77mm NC filter which has protected the lens since I purchased it. Flawless shape.

SOLD!!! Nikon SB-900 Flash $330.00 w/Paypal and free shipping: Comes with original box, warranty, and accessories. Works great, brand new condition.

Nikon R1C1 Macro Flash Kit $500.00 w/Paypal and free shipping: Comes with original box, SU-800, 2 SB-R200 flashes, accessories, original carrying case.

Gitzo GT 5540LS Carbon 6X Tripod: $725.00 via Paypal, free shipping (sells new for $900.00). In great shape (a few superficial scrapes on a leg but hardly noticeable). It’s just too heavy for me—I loved it when I had the 200-400 but now I’m all about a light-weight kit and this sturdy beast just doesn’t fit the bill for me. If you have a heavy telephoto this is a great tripod.

SOLD!!! Really Right Stuff BH-55 LR Head with B2 AS II clamp: $350.00 via Paypal and with free shipping (sells new for $455.00). Also in great shape and an outstanding ball head! It’s just too big for my current needs.

Thanks and please email with any questions! I respond to emails in the order I receive them so email away! I expect things to go fast so get your emails in. I work during the day and have photography assignments during evenings/weekends so I’ll respond as quickly as I can. Remember, the order I receive your offer is the order I respond.

Thanks!

Jon

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: FOR SALE: D3, Nikon 24mm PC-E, 105mm VR Micro, 85mm...
Reply message Bump for a good guy!
Reply message RE: Bump for a good guy!

G