Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED

Matthew Gregory Matthew Gregory

Is from: Glenwood, US
1230 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Matthew Gregory Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2011
Mon 26-Oct-20 10:50 AM
Up for grabs is my beloved Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED, the so-called 'VR1" edition. I bought this used several years back, and it came without a tripod foot. The factory hood clicks into place in the forward position properly, but is loose when reversed. The Nikon carry case came with it as well, but I've never used it, and doesn't have a shoulder strap.
The lens developed a 'focus-sticking' issue, which led me to sending it to APS to be serviced at the end of August. The focus mechanism was replaced, and the rest of the lens was cleaned, serviced and tested at the same time. I've included a copy of the APS invoice to demonstrate this. Works like a champ, now!

I adore this lens. It was my first foray into 'pro' lenses, and entirely changed the way that I shoot. Although I do care for my hardware, I USE it, and this lens was no exception. I think my photos are a fair indicator of its condition.

Glass is clear and free of scratches.

My intention was to service this lens and hand it off to my bride, but it appears as though we'll now battle over who gets to use the new one I bought, instead. :laughing:

$775 via Paypal, and I'll ship it for that to anywhere in the US via USPS, >>>signature confirmation required<<<.

Other arrangements can be made by discussion, but at this time I'd like to keep shipping restricted to the US. I've had too many problems with international shipping since the pandemic.

I really just want this to go to a good home, where it will continue to see use, rather than end up collecting dust.

" In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among men, a greater sincerity"

Albert Camus

G