Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Pristine in box NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II - SOLD

xtrememac xtrememac

Is from: Andover, US
430 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
xtrememac Registered since 05th Jan 2006
Sat 25-Nov-17 12:38 AM | edited Sun 13-May-18 02:10 PM by xtrememac
This is the Nikon USA version (serial # begins with US) in new condition. It was a backup lens that rarely left the kit case. This lens was never used outdoors, it has only seen the inside of a studio or theaters that we shoot at. Purchased new from B&H, the glass is pristine, there are no scratches or dings anywhere, even on the included HB-48 lens hood. The zoom and focus action is buttery-smooth. The included Nikon CL-M2 carrying case and strap have remained in their original poly bags. The tripod foot has also remained in the bag, as I used an RRS Arca foot from day one.

As is my custom, when unboxing a new item I retain every piece of packing material and all included documents, and then I seal that big shining gold box in plastic for its eventual resale. I assure you what you will get when you unbox your new lens will appear to have been packed at the Nikon factory in Japan. I love the new Nikon gear experience and enjoy preserving it for you.

For no additional cost, I will include the Kirk Enterprises NK-70-200V2 Replacement Knob made specifically for this lens (see below). I had this on all my VRII lenses and loved it. From Kirk's literature: “Anyone who has used the Nikon 70-200 mm f2.8 VR2 AFS lens knows how difficult and awkward it is to grip the small tripod collar locking knob that comes standard with the lens. Now you can supplement that knob and make it easily usable with Kirk Series 2 Modified Knob.”

Kirk NK-70-200V2 Knob Features
• Easy to install
• Machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum
• Extends overall knob by half an inch
• Easy to grip knurled pattern

This lens plus the free Kirk knob is yours for $1799 via Paypal to confirmed address only.

In addition, I have the Really Right Stuff LCF-10 B replacement tripod foot with integrated Arca Swiss plate made specifically for this lens that I will sell for $60. It is a superior mounting solution to the stock foot and a lens plate as it is stiffer and lower profile. Now RRS no longer makes this all-black version that I prefer, they now only have the LCF-10 (non-B) for $100, and that locking knob is silver. Kirk also only has a silver version, so I recommend getting this one as it looks much nicer. It is also in flawless condition.

Sincerely,

K. J. Doyle

Click on image to view larger version

Sincerely,

K. J. Doyle
Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

G