New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

FS: Nikkor AF-S 500mm f4 Mk I-LN-

Stratbear

Is from: US
478 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Stratbear Registered since 06th Nov 2015
Wed 21-Jun-17 02:47 PM
Well...I bought this from a fellow Nikonian /FM'er a couple of months ago. I really want to love this lens, but the reality is that I am not tripod shooting enough to justify keeping it. I'm shooting from my kayak almost exclusively, and obviously...this lens is just too big for that.
It's about as clean as you are going to find. I'm sure there is some dust inside (as there almost always is in these super-telephoto lenses with drop-in filters), but...I can't see any.
Comes with the case and all original accessories. Also includes the drop-in c-pl, which is expensive and hard to find.
I paid $2500 shipped, and that's what I would like.
Pictures are to follow, and questions are welcome.
Be sure this is what you want...it's a beast...but fast, sharp, and razor sharp by f5.
Lots of sales, and purchases, on FM, and the auction site (jbsar55).

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G